Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Calico Bound Nov 15th *Camping Nov 14-16th

Desert time party people!! Anyone from MJR want to play?

CALICO BOUND! whoop whoop!

Trails on the schedule for the weekend are Odessa, Doran and West Phillips. **West Phillips is usually my Sunday run; W. Phillips and down Odessa back to camp..**

We're gona tool around, poke our heads in mines and look at pretty rocks

**DIRECTIONS AND INFO:**

TO GET TO OUR CAMP/TRAILHEAD:

We are camping Nov 14-16th. Once you get to the actual Ghost Town, (36600 Ghost Town Road, Yermo), continue up the road around a mile. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left.. You’ll see the triangular looking ranger sign encased in glass. Make that left and keep going straight down the dirt road. You'll run right into us. We're going to camp off Doran Scenic Rd a couple hundred yards in before you go around the bend. There's plenty of room for RVs and tents. It's open canyon camping, no campsites..no civilization. It's dry camping. No facilities, water etc.

We'll leave camp for the trails at 10am Saturday. Please be on time or Early.

RIG REQUIREMENTS:

Tow points; front and rear, sliders, armor, be lifted and at least 33's. Lockers are not required, but helpful in a couple spots. If you don't have them, no biggie. Worse case is you get a strap/winch. I've taken many rigs through without lockers who didn't need a strap. Some do, some don't. Experience will come into play there..

Look for my rig - White TJ, pink windshield banner and American Flag flying driver. I'll have my IH8RDS flag posted in front of where we camp. It has reflective tape on it for night time.

CB- Ch 21 ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

Lorie
    Jeep Girl

I think my daughter and I will join you
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Sounds great! We have around 9 rigs going and most are camping
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
      X