Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Superstition Mountain Run

This was my first time in the Superstitions and I was impressed. The San Diego 4 Wheelers put on a great event. It was very organized and ran smoothly in spite of the MLK weekend crowd. The weather was perfect. They had 11 or 12 runs set up Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

I joined the Black Cat east to west run on Sat. We had 24 vehicles including lead and tail gunner. This involved quite a variety of terrain which kept it interesting. Sunday I did the same run but west to east, half the vehicles and with a couple of additional side trails thrown in.

The sand was great fun and I spent a lot of time playing in it after the runs.
    One of the other groups out there provided near professional fireworks at night.

This is the winter practice area for the Blue Angels and the they provided a show for us Friday and Saturday. All in all a good time. I will definitely be doing this one again.

We told you to air down!

"They look Friendly" G. Custer

Looks like a great run. I have been aching the explore that area but I still haven't done it. Thanks for the pics and post!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Nice pics - looks awesome!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great pictures of jeeps, fun looking terrain, beautiful sunsets, and the Blue Angels. What more could you ask for? Thanks for sharing!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Great pix. I was there as well. I had a hell of a time getting up some of those dunes. i aired down to 11psi. Well, come to find out my airdown tool wasn't accurate. i was at 16psi.. After 2 hrs of struggling the dunes, i aired down to 9 REAL psi and it made the world of difference. Did you happen to hit the notches south east of the registration booth?Interesting to say the least. Here's me getting a little tipsy A couple on brokenmirror and the awesome sunset on Friday night

After I got home Sunday I decided to chase down what I thought was an exhaust leak and it was just that so I ripped out my manifold for my new JBA. Ate dinner, went to bed. Woke up to the worst Flu I've ever had in my life. Been off work since last Tues bed ridden. This yr's flu is no joke...
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 01-25-15, 12:26 PM.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Sorry you got sick, definitely something I hope I avoid. I hope that you recover soon.

I didn't know about those notches, they look a lot more exciting than Blackcat trails if your photos are from there.

I aired down to 10 psi and that worked really well in the dunes, they were a blast. Polished off all the sidewall scuff marks that I got in the rocks.
            One of the guys was in a new tricked out 4 door Rubicon and it was his first time offroading. The line up organizers told him to air down to 20 psi and he was having a horrible time. Constantly sliding sideways on the off camber sand trails. Finally got him to air down to 12 and it was like night and day.
            There is a lot more that I would like to explore out there.
            "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

The notches were only the 1st picture. The rest were on the other side of the dunes. Broken Mirror Trail. Two or three waterfall climbs. The picture shown is the TJ/YJ eater. Anything upward to 100" WB gets up it pretty easily. Tj/Yj's being mid to lower 90"s and it's a challenge. I nearly rolled over backwards. It's VERY fun out there and puts Truckhaven to shame.
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

looks like a great time and a lot of fun!

Comment

Looks like an awesome time was had out there. You certainly can't beat those sunsets and the proximity to the air station in El Centro.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X