• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Green 4.0 in action.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...pstthhjcov.mp4
    Check out .

Comment

• Great to see it rolling on the trail. Found any issues? Cougar buttes next?

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Great to see it rolling on the trail. Found any issues? Cougar buttes next?
        Thanks Art. I found one issue so far. There is slightly more flex in the front than I modeled for in the garage. The front drive shaft very slightly rubs against the tub in three places. Not enough to do anything but mar the paint, but it will get fixed soon.

Tomorrow, I drop it off to have the AC dehydrated, pressure-tested, and recharged. That would have been handy on Cleghorn, it was Hot!

All-in-all, I am quite happy with the build so far.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

• The driveshaft rub spots are fixed, but the AC fix was only partially successful.

The system turned out to be solid. It dried out and held pressure perfectly. The problem that I ran into is that the AC guy needs the electric fan to run on high speed when the compressor kicks in. Well, I didn't wire for that. I only set the fan up to run when the water temp switch kicks in.

Any ideas for how to set up the compressor to kick a 2-speed fan into high gear whenever the AC compressor turns on?

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The driveshaft rub spots are fixed, but the AC fix was only partially successful.

The system turned out to be solid. It dried out and held pressure perfectly. The problem that I ran into is that the AC guy needs the electric fan to run on high speed when the compressor kicks in. Well, I didn't wire for that. I only set the fan up to run when the water temp switch kicks in.

Any ideas for how to set up the compressor to kick a 2-speed fan into high gear whenever the AC compressor turns on?
            Ac pressure switch from a big rig, they cycle the fan like that also, tie it in to the fan relay and you are golden. The switch would screw onto a pressure port on the high side of the accumulator. It should have a high and low pressure cut out switch now replace the high pressure cut out with the had switch, wire it and all will be happy

Comment

• it's alive!! Looks like it's moving pretty good how did the engine temps go? that might be a concern if you're planning on running the AC.
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Looks like it is working well! Far as the AC, why not just tap off the controls in the cab and either run a second relay to the fan or just tie into the same switch with a couple of diodes in line to keep voltages where they should be?
                USMC F&AM

Comment

• With help from Resistance Offroad, I got the fan switched to support the AC. We pretty much did it the way that you described TipsEZ. And Daniel, it does pretty well on the temperature. It gets up to about 212 degrees on long uphill runs at highway speeds but cools back down pretty quickly when the strain is relieved.

The condenser from the junkyard isn't cutting the mustard though. I will need to get a more efficient one and move it closer to the radiator to get better draw before I run the AC. Just a plug: With Pride AC in Ontario has been fantastic in helping me!

I did a video to document the build. I'm not finished with the details of the build, but I doubt that I will EVER be!

The video is mostly for gearheads and folks that have done builds to their Jeeps. It is mostly photos until near the end, so I hope that the music entertains you until then:
                  https://youtu.be/5CJvH1LjrW0

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Whew! Glad that worked out. I found that schematic in a box of Fruit Loops...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                    X