Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUTNUMBERED 500 to 1

I borrowed this from a friend on Pirate4x4.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...d-500-1-a.html

We are losing our access to public lands at an alarming rate.

Why is this happening? Because our pro-access organizations are WAY under funded and their membership numbers are abysmal. The Sierra Club can walk into a senator's office and say they represent 2.4 MILLION people....our own organizations can't do that. And that gives us way less voice where it matters: with our legislators who only think about potential votes.

Despite there being over 53 million OHV enthusiasts in the USA, the Sierra Club's membership base outnumbers us by about 500-1. While our organizations HAVE saved trails and are fighting tooth and nail for every inch of trail, they need YOUR HELP.

Take a quick second to add up how much money you have wrapped up in your rig.

Now add in all the $$ spent in gas, registration, smog, camping gear etc. that you had to pay for just to go wheeling.

Keeping that total dollar figure in your head: is $45 a year for Cal4 Wheel or $29 a year for the Blue Ribbon Coalition REALLY that much?

HERE IS WHAT I AM ASKING YOU TO DO RIGHT NOW:

1. Pick a pro-access organization that fits YOU.

Here's a few:

Cal4 Wheel is one of the oldest pro-access 4x4 organizations in the USA. Individual memberships are just $45 a year. You don't need to live in CA or be in a 4x4 club to join.

CA4WDA, Inc. CA4WDA Individual Membership

Or even better, Call Bonnie at Cal4 and join. (916) 381-8300 She is an AWESOME LADY.

BRC is one of the nationwide organizations, filled with people who are pro-access for not just 4x4's but dirt bikes, snowmobiles, watersports etc. Just $29 a year or $49.95 for two years.

https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute

There is also CORVA, CORVA - Home United, UFWDA | United Four Wheel Drive Associations and many others. I don't care WHO you join....just pick one that fits you, or sign up for as many as you can afford.

2. SIGN UP (or renew) AND TELL THEM KURT SENT YOU.

Do it now. I am not getting ANYTHING in return for this, they don't even know I am doing this, but I would like to see if we can make a measurable difference with this membership drive.

3. POST UP IN THIS THREAD AND BUMP IT.

Even better: please share it on social media if you can. If I can get the approval, and a few vendors on board, I may even turn this into a give-away. Stay tuned and check back occasionally.

Don't rely on the other guy. Our organizations need YOU.
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

I don't disagree, but maybe we can come up with a free option?

I understand it costs money to run these things, but if it's just a numbers game, it shouldn't be about what everyone can afford.
    (especially in these hard times)

I think the grassroots have done more visible things than the said organizations.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah

I don't disagree, but as the President of BRC, I look at our membership number every month, along with the income and expenses it takes to run this organization.
      We are diligent with the finances we have, and look at the benefit of sending our contractors to meetings and events, and look for cost cuttings where we can.

We have looked at a free membership level, that we would call "Supporter", and they would have no true member benefits like getting the magazine and newsletter every quarter.
      They would get emails and letters about different things going on with BRC, and 3 or 4 times a year, they would get our fundraiser letter for either the general fund, or the legal fund.
      If this is something that you think we should continue to pursue, let me know, as we are looking at the different membership levels at the present time.

Thanks for your comments.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster View Post
        We have looked at a free membership level, that we would call "Supporter", and they would have no true member benefits like getting the magazine and newsletter every quarter.
        They would get emails and letters about different things going on with BRC, and 3 or 4 times a year, they would get our fundraiser letter for either the general fund, or the legal fund.
        If this is something that you think we should continue to pursue, let me know, as we are looking at the different membership levels at the present time.
        That sounds perfect! Sign me up

Comment

Sarah

PM me your mailing address and email address, and I will send it to the office to be added to our supporter list for information and fundraiser mailings.

Thanks

Comment

Maybe it would be easier to add the supporter level to your form? Or have a new form?
            That way, we can make sure everyone here on MJR signs up!
            https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute

Comment

Sarah

We are working on that as we speak. Our new Executive Director and the staff should have all the new stuff in place by the middle of next week.
              When that is done, I can let everyone know here.

Thanks

Todd

Comment

subscribed! I think this is a great idea
                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                X