Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah View Post
    Agreed, but I've seen Doug in action. The OHV program seems to promote trying to solve the problem instead of simply reporting someone by covertly taking a photo of them. While I understand that confronting people is not always the best answer either, it seems like there's a time and place for turning someone in to the authorities.

We do need to solve these problems. I'm not trying to make it out like someone dumping trash should get away with it. But gosh, there's cameras at the mall, major intersections, city streets, even parks nowadays. At the airport the announcements try to get you trained to "tell" on anyone for anything. Even at Home Depot last week, they were doing the "see something, say something" bit on the intercom. While it seems good-hearted, I think it's just setting up the whole system for government-reliant society.

Sorry for being a turd, I'm just not a fan government programs.
    [COLOR="#800000"]but....I've been told it's illegal for me to just shoot them. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      [COLOR="#800000"]but....I've been told it's illegal for me to just shoot them. [/COLOR]
      Now that's for sure true!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

But a size 12 steel toe in the nutz will educate quickly and cause high retention of said lesson.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I honestly don't think we are any worse off now than we were 10 years ago. Most folks police themselves and the ones that don't give cause for us to be up there enjoying the mountains. I bitch because I can; but I still pick up after the pig faced bastards. With the amount of traffic I have seen on the trails I can say that the percentage of pig faced asshats dumping on the trails is still very low. So each area has a program that works for them and that is great. It appears that the people who care about the environment and volunteer to do something about have slightly different points of view depending on where they are located whereas the pig faced asshats all feel the world owes them and we should clean up after them, not matter where they may be. So be it. But if I come across those same people again I will stop them and I will say some things to them and whatever happens I leave in fate's cruel hands...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiclone View Post
            I'll be rude, don't complain about people making a mess of things unless your actually willing to do something about it.
            MJR passed the 10,000 hour mark last year in hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. We have done something about it. Aim your rudeness elsewhere.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiclone View Post

No meetings, work days or membership dues are required. Just Vigilance and a willingness to take pictures of and report offenders caught in the "act".
              vig·i·lan·te
              ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
              noun
              noun: vigilante; plural noun: vigilantes

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
              I actually like the meetings and love the workdays with the AAT program. Personally doing these things seems a little more productive to me. Not everything in the forest is a man made issue and we address those issues as well.
              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                Agreed, but I've seen Doug in action. The OHV program seems to promote trying to solve the problem instead of simply reporting someone by covertly taking a photo of them. While I understand that confronting people is not always the best answer either, it seems like there's a time and place for turning someone in to the authorities.

We do need to solve these problems. I'm not trying to make it out like someone dumping trash should get away with it. But gosh, there's cameras at the mall, major intersections, city streets, even parks nowadays. At the airport the announcements try to get you trained to "tell" on anyone for anything. Even at Home Depot last week, they were doing the "see something, say something" bit on the intercom. While it seems good-hearted, I think it's just setting up the whole system for government-reliant society.

Sorry for being a turd, I'm just not a fan government programs.
                I'm with you girl!!

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  I'm with you girl!!
                  We can be vigilantes! Oh we already are!
                  That probably needs a new logo, hehe
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X