Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn Premium hubs vs G2?

Does anybody have experience or opinion on which is better between the G2 hubs or the Warn Premiums?
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

I have none with G2 but I was happy to replace my Warns after about the 3rd one breaking. Went with the Yukon and have had zero issues. May be a bit upfront but not having to replacing them has already saved me a ton of money.
    Check out .

Comment

Im with Chuck. If Yukon makes a replacement for your application you will not regret spending a bit more coin upfront.
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Are the Yukon hubs lower profile than the Warns? On the front D44 I picked up, the warn hubs stick way out, and they are very loose, I'm thinking about replacing them.

The description of the Yukon hubs states they are lower profile, but doesn't say how much.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Not positive on the Dana 44 but the dana 60 was a huge difference.

These are pics I took of when i swapped mine on my 60.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
            Are the Yukon hubs lower profile than the Warns? On the front D44 I picked up, the warn hubs stick way out, and they are very loose, I'm thinking about replacing them.

The description of the Yukon hubs states they are lower profile, but doesn't say how much.
            They are for the dana 60.
            Check out .

Comment

Nice!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Thanks for the input. I saw that the G2's are nodular iron. Anybody know about the Warns? I'll look into the Yukons.

After some more looking, It appears you get what you pay for with these. The Warns at $100ish per set do have a lifetime warranty. The G2's are $100 each, so $200ish total - with nodular iron spline sand a lifetime warranty. And then the Yukons - all steel, low profile and lifetime warranty at $340.
                Last edited by 6spdYJ; 07-15-15, 08:23 PM.
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  Thanks for the input. I saw that the G2's are nodular iron. Anybody know about the Warns? I'll look into the Yukons.

After some more looking, It appears you get what you pay for with these. The Warns at $100ish per set do have a lifetime warranty. The G2's are $100 each, so $200ish total - with nodular iron spline sand a lifetime warranty. And then the Yukons - all steel, low profile and lifetime warranty at $340.
                  I sell the Yukon D44 kits for about 250-270 (depending on exact application) plus a tad in shipping.

The Yukon are Steel caps and chromoly internals, and have never seen a failure, over 3 yrs of selling them. I sell many of these to though replacing slugs with the hub kits. Yet to hear of any failures.
                  *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

That seems really cheap... I just paid Yokon $250 for a D30 warn-compatible outer stub shaft. You're telling me I can get 2 stubs, hubs, spindles, etc. in the $250 range? I'm assuming the price is similar for the D30 kit?
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      That seems really cheap... I just paid Yokon $250 for a D30 warn-compatible outer stub shaft. You're telling me I can get 2 stubs, hubs, spindles, etc. in the $250 range? I'm assuming the price is similar for the D30 kit?
                      I am pretty sure that he is referring to only the lock out portion, not a full unitbearing to select-able hub conversion kit.
                      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
                        I am pretty sure that he is referring to only the lock out portion, not a full unitbearing to select-able hub conversion kit.
                        That makes too much sense.

Comment

Lacking reading comprehension Matt? It's pretty clear what he is saying

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Lacking reading comprehension Matt? It's pretty clear what he is saying
                            It is, but I didn't re-read everything and thought Robert's original post with the price was for the full conversion kit, not pair of hubs. I should have read that before my post asking about the price-point. My mind is still in the Sierras.

Comment

Well I lost mine in Colorado lol, love that place

Comment

Working...
                              X