Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Axle choices? which would you choose and why?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Axle choices? which would you choose and why?

For my 99 TJ w/ Savvy 4" lift, current 33's, future 35's.

I'm trying to decide between the following front axles:
    (Both axles have ARB's and 4.56's.)

ECG supply newly built HPD30 with alloy axles, Vanco/Black Magic brakes, Currie steering, Currie track bar, unit bearings.

Or

Used component HPD30 with WJ Akebono brakes, fabricated raised track bar, fabricated high steering, alloy axles with CTM's & Warn hubs.

Considering Value/cost, initial ease of installation, future ease of part replacement/maintenance, durability, etc. which axle combination would you choose and why?

Both options are viable. D30's aren't the wimpy loser axles many people say they are. I ran 35, 37's on mine for years dragged through Hammer Trails. So as far as choices I personally like hp fronts and hubs no matter what size. But I don't see either one being a bad choice. Just curious though... why not upgrade to a d44? Just wondering...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I have the one with the hubs and WJ brakes from my KJ. I wasn't sure I wanted to keep with the high steer and relocated track bar that I used on the KJ. The plan was to sell off this axle and buy the other but then I was told I could still use the Currie track bar (in the stock location on the axle) I got with my lift kit and also run their steering on the WJ knuckles..... So now that is the plan.

Unless someone knows differently from what I was told?

Comment

Working...
      X