Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years later, and the Jeep is finally home

I probably did this a very long time ago but it probably needs to be done again.

After my wife moved in with my in Los Angeles, her truck took up my other parking spot and I was NOT going to park my CJ on the street in Koreatown so my buddy agreed to look after it in Los Olivos and drive it now and then.
    A few years ago the fan ate the radiator and it sat for way too long as I was dragging my feet on getting it fixed. I finally had to bite the bullet and just take it in to have it fixed as I hated the idea of it just sitting.

Finally yesterday the wife and I (and now toddler) drove up to pick it up. I cant tell you how excited I was - Ive owned this thing since I was 15 years old - so Ive had it now for 22 years. Its my first car, first love.

the kid just about lost his mind! He adores the Jeep - how could he not?

I went on a trail drive with you guys one time.... a very long time ago. I need to track down the thread to see if any of those folks are still around....

anyways - hi again!
    1983 CJ-7, I bought her when I was 15, she's my baby

Nice!

Yea, kids love jeeps
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

yes they do, dont they?

Im trying to find the thread about the trail day.... It was Miller and it had to have been sometime around 04

ill find it someday. Im really just curious now more than anything

Comment

Sweet, I wish I hade my first 4x4 from when I was a teenager...53 Willys.
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
          Sweet, I wish I hade my first 4x4 from when I was a teenager...53 Willys.
          Whoa - that would be awesome. I wonder if you can track it down? I know there is a way you can get notifications when a VIN goes on the market.

Got a little time to spend on the Jeep this weekend - not a lot. Just had the chance to change the oil and clean it out a little. Im still trying to get a ton of crap off of the floors after sitting in a barn for 5 years.
          Took apart the distributor and cleaned everything. Dist is junk so I ordered a new one.
          Im still trying to track down all of the fluids that it needs. Axles, transfer, transmission.... all need changing as well as the master cylinder should be as well Im sure.

Comment

cool that you got your baby back. I bought mine in 98.. sat back in the east coast for 8 years. Now its back but is more of a money pit than ever...lol. Great your son can grow up with it.. and hopefully you still have it when he is that age.

Comment

Cute kid! Jeep looks have a lot of potentials. Surely it would be a great off road rig.
              Last edited by ranover; 01-18-16, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X