Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Just make sure the Superwinch has a true brake setup mine has this one way roller type deal that doesn't work worth a damn. With your JK being as heavy as it is, a shitty break on a steep hill pull would not be a good thing. The thing pulls well but trying to hold a rig in place takes constantly hitting the pull button, which really sucks. Also brake isn't strong enough to hold the suspension sucked down. Releasing the clutch sets the drum in a instant unspooling of the winch rope, called Superwinch about it and got told that's how it's designed and there is nothing you can do about it. So word to the wise before you buy it contact Superwinch and find out what kind of brake is built into it. Looks like you are looking at the LP 10500 if you do, do not buy it. I have a lp 8500 and it's a piss poor winch for the above mentioned reason Their more expensive offerings seem to have a better design
    Your winch is screwed up somehow. Mine holds no problem. You can hang my Jeep by the winch. SUPERWINCH that is...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Winch is fine, their bargain basement winch just isn't a good design, their roller brake just doesn't work very well. The winch you got and the cheapy I put on my buggy are very different animals. It pulls well enough, just hate the poor brake and the unspooling of the rope

Comment

Once I get mine mounted this weekend I will post up what I have found with it. Sadly, I suck at driving in mud, so I'm sure I will get lots if wincing practice this summer. You an wheel rocks around here without first having to get through some mud.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
          I will get lots if wincing practice this summer.
          Well stated
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

That was a typo that I'm actually happy I made. Thank you autocorrect.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Got mine mounted over the weekend. I had to clearance a little bit of winch body to fit right up against my sway bar motor. I spooled it out a bit and then locked the clutch and tried to pull some out by hand; no luck. Then I wrapped the line around a tree in the yard and tried to let the Jeep back itself up at an idle in 4Lo, still didn't budge. Finally, I bumped the idle up to 1500 and started running risk about pulling the tree out, so... I think the clutch is working properly. I'm with Kurt; Art I think there is something wrong with yours.

As mine gets a workout this summer I'll post up any further feedback I have.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Warn is the best. If you are on tight budget, try to find a used M800.

Comment

Working...
                X