Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach me everything you know

Hi everyone! I'm Michael and I recently purchased a Jeep. I live in Denver and am going nomadic starting this summer. This seemed like a great opportunity to get a Jeep and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into along the way.

I got a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock.

A couple days ago I added a high lift jack mount and and a hitch.

I am looking into getting a winch and cb as soon as my bank account recovers a little, but could definitely use some advice on both. I have the hard rock bumper (mopar) which means the winch can sit inside the bumper when I get a mounting bracket.

I'm also looking into clever storage solutions for keeping camping gear, first aid, food, etc. I would love any ideas/advice on storage as well.

If any of you want to go hang out in the mountains and show me the ropes, let me know. I'm game for hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing. (and camping once it warms up a little)

Welcome to MJR. A couple of our "founding" members moved to the Denver area a couple years ago. I'm sure you'll hear from Sarah soon!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Welcome to MJR. A couple of our "founding" members moved to the Denver area a couple years ago. I'm sure you'll hear from Sarah soon!
      Thanks! I've already run into Sarah. I plan to bribe her into showing me the ropes in the near future.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! I'd check out this link below, it a pretty good write up and solid way to haul all your spare parts/fluids/tools and not really lose any storage space. PLUS, you now have a comfy flat place to sleep.

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-wr...torage-178549/
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Woohoo! You made it! Look out Denver, here we come!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            Mat - Michael is a WordPress g33k!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              Another one?!?
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                Welcome to MJR! I'd check out this link below, it a pretty good write up and solid way to haul all your spare parts/fluids/tools and not really lose any storage space. PLUS, you now have a comfy flat place to sleep.

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-wr...torage-178549/
                Nice! That's super clever.

Woohoo! You made it! Look out Denver, here we come!
                Heck yeah!

Allegedly!

Comment

Welcome!
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Welcome Aboard! Will someday make it out to Colorado with the rest of the group, but until then, happy wheeling![/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR... I just got back from Grand Junction Colorado on vacation yesterday.
                      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X