Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from OC

Hello - I found your great forum after looking for information and gps tracks on Big Bear trails and trying to find a club that supports the Adopt-A-Trail program. While not a Jeeper, I've been driving off road for over 35 years and only recently rediscovered Big Bear in early 2015 after finally purchasing a more serious 4WD in Dec 2014. I used to ride up there in the 80s and 90s with motorcycles but after college in '94, I stuck to the desert scene. Anyway, I'm mostly into easy to moderate runs with some difficult trails thrown in as well. I hope to learn from all of you the ins and outs of all of the trails that you've visited and hope to join up with you soon. I'd also like to learn more about any trails you've adopted or would like to in the future and help out where I can. Thanks for having me!

BTW - I just found out that the trail to Butler Peak Fire Lookout Tower (2N13C) reopened yesterday after being closed for 9 years. I posted a link on the Trail Reports section and posted some pictures of my trip up there on Saturday via mtn bike and hike. Looks like I missed the reopening by 4 days. I had to huff and puff up the trail instead.

Marc

Welcome!

Post up a photo of the 4runner
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Hanging with my other Jeep friends

Comment

Newbie from OC

Sweet pics! Welcome aboard, you rock! I'll be sure you're connected with the AAT team.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to the asylum... Glad you got to get up to Butler Peak. It's been closed far too long. If you are intersted in AAT you should come to a quartely meeting and meet the group. We adopted 3N93 Holcomb Creek way back in 07. It sorta burned down shortly after. But we got it opened again, and it's going strong. We welcome new AAT members so feel free to check it out. Hope to run a trail with you some time.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

Wow, has it been 9 years that has been closed? I went there only a couple weeks after owning my first Jeep in August of 2006. It's when I met these crazy MJR people!
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              Welcome to MJR!

Wow, has it been 9 years that has been closed? I went there only a couple weeks after owning my first Jeep in August of 2006. It's when I met these crazy MJR people!
              The last set of photos I have is May 2007. I don't have a lot of pics but I should post them! LOL!! I see Tammy, Erik, Russ, Brian, Crash! Everyone's jeeps were so tiny!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR!!!
                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                X