Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Good Friday in Big Bear

Running some trails on Good Friday made for a Great Friday! Met Aaron in Arrowbear and headed out for the west end of Holecomb Creek.

Not far from Crab Flats we found this little washout on 3N16:

Aaron tackling the west end gate keeper for Holecomb Creek (3N93):

Looking down the middle rock garden:

Me entering the gate keeper on the west end of John Bull (3N10):

Taking a break on early into John Bull:

Just a view looking down John Bull that I liked:

Aaron about half way down:

Aaron approaching the end of the trail with the east end gate keeper in the foreground:

One last flex test passing through the gate keeper:

I got lazy with the camera on Gold Mountain and only managed to get a scenic shot:

It was a perfect day of trail riding with great weather, fun trails, no carnage and we met some nice people along the way. I'm glad Aaron was available otherwise I probably would have just ended up working instead. All in all the trails seemed a tad bit rougher than last season. I don't know if it was the rain/snow we had or if rocks have just been moved around. These trails do change day to day.
    '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Thanks for throwing it together Terri. I live closer to these trails than anyone in MJR and haven't run them until last Friday. If I have the time I am almost always up for a run. I feel like getting John Bull done makes up for my not being prepared at IDTT.

Comment

Thanks for joining me! You've just scratched the surface on the Big Bear side! I'm happy to have another wheeling buddy, you can't have too many!
      '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Nice pics and it looks like you guys had a great time. Nice to see Aaron's Jeep back in the game.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Both Aaron and the XJ were on their game!

Comment

Working...
          X