Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Hi Desert Roundup? Who's in?

Hi Desert Roundup this coming up weekend... Carmen and I will be arriving on Thursday, staying till Monday. I know Roger and Leanne are coming along too.

Who else is planning to go? If possible, let's try to camp together...
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I will be there with my club, On the Rocks. I think we will have around a dozen motorhomes. I will be there starting Wednesday afternoon. We will be running the Teeter Totter again.
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by MyBrokenJeep View Post
      Hi Desert Roundup this coming up weekend... Carmen and I will be arriving on Thursday, staying till Monday. I know Roger and Leanne are coming along too.

Who else is planning to go? If possible, let's try to camp together...
      I'm going to try to make it out at least one day. I'm getting stir crazy with this broken toe.
      Check out .

Comment

Oh wow, Jason didn't recruit us to come this year and we have plans. I didn't realize it was this weekend and I would have loved to go again. We had a good time last year.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Yep, I'm chairing the event again this year. I will be out there sometime Thurs morning until Monday afternoon. Say hi if you come on out to the event. Wheeling on Saturday and games both for the adults and kids on Sunday. Teeter totter, RTI ramp, wet lap races, turtle crawl and others.

Comment

I plan to arrive on Friday afternoon after finishing the "unofficial" Mojave Road run. I plan to stay until Monday. I'm thinking about exploring the Rainbow Basin/Opal Mountain/Inscription Canyon area on either Saturday or Sunday.
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

LeAnne and I just got a new grand daughter today and that changed our plans. We'll be out in the evenings with Randy and Carmen and maybe all day Saturday. I'm interested in Russ's run on Saturday.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

From the HDR registration area continue about 100 yards (west) to the first porta potty. Turn right (north) to next porta potty. Look for an RV with a flashing red light (night) and an Alabama state flag (day)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3057.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	358395
                Last edited by Russ Chung; 05-26-17, 05:23 PM.
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Jason, were you happy with how the event ran this year? Our On the Rocks group had a great time.
                  Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                    Jason, were you happy with how the event ran this year? Our On the Rocks group had a great time.
                    Yes and no. The yes is because once the event officially starts it moves on it's own. All the preparation has been completed and by the time of the event there is not much you can do but to roll with any issues. The committee members I had helping me are a great help. They have been involved ever since I first attended in '02 and I'm sure that they have been around a lot longer than that.

The no is on me. I learned a lot more this year than last as the training wheels were removed and I relied less on my co-chairs. I tried to make the event truly mine and where I made progress in some areas I was met with failure in others. Take the start of the on-site registration when it was discovered that the on-site forms were never printed up. Who's job was that you ask? Uhhh, mine as I never assigned it to anyone.

When I noticed that the same people ran the event year after year, I wondered when burnout was going to set in. I volunteered to MC the raffle one year and that's when it started. The biggest word I learned over the weekend was delegate.

I still had a great time and really other than the registration fiasco, I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I didn't hear too much in the way of complaints if any at all. We beat last years numbers by 1. Which is still better in my book as we didn't lose numbers.

I tried to get around to all the clubs during the games and to thank them for their continued support. I stood and watched the teeter totter for a bit but I had to move on to get the kids games all set up.

We are keeping our options open for next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X