Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Lockwood Miller - Aug 13, 2017

BobbyB and his son, Hank joined me on Sunday, August 13, 2017 to explore the Lockwood, Yellowjacket and Miller Jeep trails in the Los Padres National Forest near Frazier Park. The area was very dry and dusty; Lockwood Creek had only a trickle of water and Piru Creek was dry.

We left the trailhead in the Lockwood Valley at about 1030 am, reached the end of the trail at Dutchman campground on Alamo Mountain shortly before 5 pm, and reached I-5 and Smokey Bear Road shortly after 6 pm. Then we discovered that traffic on the southbound I-5 was jammed due to an accident near Pyramid Lake. We got gas and aired up in Frazier Park while trying to find the best way around the traffic jam. Since the traffic was beginning to move--slowly--we decided to take I-5 instead of detouring. I finally got home about 9pm. Bobby said that the toughest part of the day was on the freeway!

I only took a few pictures. BobbyB's TJ starting up the Lockwood Trail:

Click image for larger version

Name:	a_ - 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	359269

My Jeep and BobbyB's Jeep at the end of the Yellowjacket Trail:

Name:	a_ - 3.jpg
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	359268

Hank and Bobby standing next to Lockwood Creek at the end of the Yellowjacket Trail. The creek is the small pool of water at their feet.

Name:	a_ - 4.jpg
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	359271
    Attached Files
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Awesome pics! Always an adventure!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
    X