Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only person this irritates?

If it was stock it probably wouldn't bother me - much...
    I'm at the point now that I can't remember how many times someone pulls up in front of my house and asks me "How much for the old Jeep? One guy tried to point out that I have the "new" 4 door Jeep (at the time it was eight years old) and asked if I wanted to sell the old one. Even the other day I went out to find a note under the windshield wiper asking if I want to "sale" the red Jeep. Granted, I have some land yacht parts in it, but I've never thought of "saleing" it. It probably wouldn't float well anyhow.
    My wife says to take it as a complement, but given the aggressive demeanor of these guys, I know they have no clue what they are looking at. One guy - even after being told it is NOT for sale - replied "I have cash!" At least they think they can disregard the fact that my wife gave it to me, and the years of effort it has taken to bring it this far instead of trying to steal it. Which has been done. Twice...
    It's not that it's all that. It's just that it's mine.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

You could always get an xj. Than you would lose the respectable jeep admiring crowd who make tempting offers and gain the awesome group of teenagers who want to offer you 500 dollars and a promissary note of another 500 bucks when they get money from their hipster crowd-sourcing efforts. Seriously this has happened multiple times in one form or another. The average Joe likes to look in awe at a lifted jeep in the driveway ignoring what it means to the owner and what it took to get it the way it is. They just assume that someone with a built jeep must be serious about off-roading and naturally would want to ditch their old trash to get a new 4 door crowd pleaser. Anyways I make sure to drive my jeep every day to the dog park and grocery store/ other b.s. trips to ward off the would be low-ballers who have no respect for turning a wrench. In the end though if people want to admire I say let them, maybe after hearing your story they would want to buy a rusty old bucket and turn it into something awesome.

Comment

If I had an XJ, I'd be just as irate. I built it because that's what I have and upgrading it as parts disintegrate is a huge part of who I am. I have more blood in thing this than money - literally. I'd almost wish it was the kid hoping to get his first car. At least it would be someone looking to possibly take care of it. What I get are the car lot flippers or the dingleberry that thinks he can grab it for less than a grand and sell it on craigslist for $15K after slapping some Rubicon stickers on the hood. Btw, it is my daily driver.
      -sons of thunder

Comment

My wife gets some guy offering to buy her scrambler every time she drives it.
        I used to get irritated because I think some of them either see a woman in a scrambler and think she doesn't know what it's worth or they just want to talk to her. Lately I have been getting a lot of people asking me to sell it too, so I just take it as a compliment.
        a lot of folks want nice jeeps. fewer people are willing to build one.
        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Am I the only person this irritates?

Wow! Yeah that’s pretty irritating indeed.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
            My wife gets some guy offering to buy her scrambler every time she drives it.
            I used to get irritated because I think some of them either see a woman in a scrambler and think she doesn't know what it's worth or they just want to talk to her. Lately I have been getting a lot of people asking me to sell it too, so I just take it as a compliment.
            a lot of folks want nice jeeps. fewer people are willing to build one.
            I agree, take it as a compliment. And yes, fewer people are willing to build one. The ones that don't build it tend to be the first ones scratching there head about what to do when it breaks.
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

You have all the reason to get irritated.

Comment

Again last night...
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Murphy's Law - put a for sale sign on it with some ridiculous amount and the offers will stop.

Comment

I'm thinking of a windshield shade banner that says "NO FOR SELL"
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                      If it was stock it probably wouldn't bother me - much...
                      I'm at the point now that I can't remember how many times someone pulls up in front of my house and asks me "How much for the old Jeep? One guy tried to point out that I have the "new" 4 door Jeep (at the time it was eight years old) and asked if I wanted to sell the old one. Even the other day I went out to find a note under the windshield wiper asking if I want to "sale" the red Jeep. Granted, I have some land yacht parts in it, but I've never thought of "saleing" it. It probably wouldn't float well anyhow.
                      My wife says to take it as a complement, but given the aggressive demeanor of these guys, I know they have no clue what they are looking at. One guy - even after being told it is NOT for sale - replied "I have cash!" At least they think they can disregard the fact that my wife gave it to me, and the years of effort it has taken to bring it this far instead of trying to steal it. Which has been done. Twice...
                      It's not that it's all that. It's just that it's mine.
                      Doesn't happen to me but I know what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X