Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done this to both my TJs, thanks to the nice recipe I found here on MJR. I haven't had a single problem. Now then, can you believe someone is selling these on ebay for 25 - 30 bucks a set?(no offense meant if its on of you guys)
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
      I've done this to both my TJs, thanks to the nice recipe I found here on MJR. I haven't had a single problem. Now then, can you believe someone is selling these on ebay for 25 - 30 bucks a set?(no offense meant if its on of you guys)
      I WISH IT WAS!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Ok i got my jeep onto level ground and it was the easiest thing ever to get em in and out. GREAT MOD/WRITEUP TAM!

hmmmm...ebay? i should try that out...
        B R E T T
        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

did mine too

man what a difference, i was able to move my sway bar links on top of my coil springs with out using a crecent got some pics coming soon.

look under disconnects http://community.webshots.com/user/califsaintsfan

what a difference

i had these on my cj too.

thanks Tam
          Last edited by califsaintsfan; 09-05-05, 04:09 PM.
          2007 2dr rubicon, teraflex 2 1/2" coil kit, procomp 97's w/ procomp 35" mud terrains, xenon flares, riddler diff covers, evo rock stars.

Comment

gone fishing

Originally posted by califsaintsfan
            man what a difference, i was able to move my sway bar links on top of my coil springs with out using a crecent got some pics coming soon.

look under disconnects http://community.webshots.com/user/califsaintsfan

what a difference

i had these on my cj too.

thanks Tam
            I had fun Larry, by the way, how many fish you catch...lol
            going to go get my hardware today, see if I can get twisted up a little bit too!!

Comment

after tearing the ball out of the socket of my passenger side stabilizer bar and purchasing a new one, I stopped by homie depot and picked up the parts listed.

thanks for the tip! this was the simplist mod yet, and it definitely prevent me from tearing apart another one!
              98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

Comment

modification

I have one modification to the recipe listed by JeepGal. I used 1/2" diameter clevis pins instead of 7/16". The 7/16" were a bit loose so if you buy 1/2" pins, you can pound them into the sway bar bushing with a hammer so they fit tight (they stay in while on the trail), and the 1/2" shank diameter is almost exactly the diameter of the hole in the sway bar attachment flange coming from the axle.

tighter fit = less rattles on the street
                03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I found that they were too tight. I wanted the looseness when I was trying to put them back in after a day of wheeling. If they are too snug, it was hard for me to line them back up. But if it works for you, great

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks for the write-up Tam!!

I bought double everything so I'd have spares and it cost me $10.

It took me all of ten minutes to do the swap, it's easy but if you don't have a set of Torx sockets, you'll need one to get the stock bolt out.

I added a safety wire "leash" to the pin to keep it from making an escape and I can tug on the wire to pull the out the pin.

Below is a picture 'Connected'

This is 'Disconnected' (Notice the difference between the top of the tire and the fender)

Front view 'Disconnected'

Now I need to go and really test it...

<paging Rick & Sarah...>

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                      well it works it is just HARD to get the sway bar re-aligned, but it could be for 2 reasons; 1:my car isnt on level ground and 2: the backend is jacked up with the axle drooping

I think if it was flat it would work tho, ill have to find out later when im sittin level.
                      I know this is an old thread but here is something:

On my Xj, I just unscrew the top nut (15 mm) and using a long pry bar, move the anti-sway bar up and tie wrap it in place on one side through the big hole in the fender well. Then I remove the bushings and put them in a box with the nut and wash. I put a piece of 11/32" rubber hose over the threads and leave the connector sticking up. The rubber bushing on the lower end will keep it in place.

I works for me. I use a short pry bar to put it back in place. Takes about two minutes to disconnect and two minutes to reconnect. I use blue locktite on the nut when I reconnect.
                      Aloha from NorCal

Comment

Can this same fix be applied to the rear axle?

Just wondering if it even needs to be discoed.

Comment

Originally posted by Texair

Its not required to be disconected. However, I've been running w/o a sway bar in the rear for several years with no problems. Its a personal preference thing, I think.
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Texair

I have the sway bar removed. It is not needed. The factory XJ up country also has this as a delete option (reason is the rear leaf is stiffer).
                            Aloha from NorCal

Comment

I just did this. And i love it! The cable ties just hold the pins from rattling around and what-not.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Yellow 01 Sport
                              4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

We just got the pics back up. This is a nice easy way to disconnect your stock to 2" lifted Jeep.
                                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X