Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elusive
    why would you want a full float kit on a tj 44?

1. if you run locking hubs they will be far weaker than flanged axles. breaking a rear hub is a good way to break a detroit locker.

2. we have been running TJ 44's for a long time and the only breakage we ever see is twisted splines on the shafts. These splines are the same...

Superior also sells 5 on 5.5 flanged shafts for this same axle and they only cost about $270. These are a bit stronger and if you are breaking them, you need a bigger axle.
    I tow 4 down a lot (15,000 mi. +/yr) and want to unlock the wheels to get better fuel mileage and reduce wear on the drivetrain.

Also, have had breakages on the trail that required fixing it before we could move. With the ability to unlock the axles we can unlock, move on, and fix when we get to more suitable place or where parts are available.

Will probably have a flange kit aboard for the few times a year that we hit Tellico, Paragon, Moab and others.

Oh, and it's my money!

Comment

I sent an email off to Superior and got the following reply:

Thanks for the mail. Kit goes on sale in January. Between now and then we will be getting info up on the web.

Check back with us near the holidays and we should have something for you.
      If they don't come out with the kit by January, I am going to have to install new rear axles to get the 5 inch lug pattern before I head out to Moab. Was just hoping to be able to unlock both ends for towing.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyP
        I sent an email off to Superior and got the following reply:

If they don't come out with the kit by January, I am going to have to install new rear axles to get the 5 inch lug pattern before I head out to Moab. Was just hoping to be able to unlock both ends for towing.
        You could always call Jim @ JC Fab

818-367-9904
        From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

Comment

Working...
        X