Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long do you think it would take to get there from sacramento? and how exactly do i get there...
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Hi from Hesperia!

Hi all! We're here in bustling, metropolitan Hesperia, California (ha ha). We've got a mostly stock '98 TJ 4-banger. With a rear E-Z locker and 30"mud rovers, we can go almost anywhere that doesn't beat up the skid plates to badly. Unfortunately, I work nights and weekends, so it can be tough to schedule some wheeling, unless I do so far enough in advance. Also, a newbie question: Does anyone here bring their kids wheeling with them?

Happy Jeeping,
      Tom & Sandra
      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
        how long do you think it would take to get there from sacramento? and how exactly do i get there...
        About an hour up highway 50. Exit ice house rd. Head north east until the road ends at loon lake. drive past the damn and thats were the trail starts.
        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Re: Hi from Hesperia!

Originally posted by king4wd
          Also, a newbie question: Does anyone here bring their kids wheeling with them?[/B]
          you bet they do! be sure to bring them along! only on a few occasions a year we go kid-less.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
            About an hour up highway 50. Exit ice house rd. Head north east until the road ends at loon lake. drive past the damn and thats were the trail starts.
            wow...im not sure why i didnt know that, ive been up to icehouse many times.
            B R E T T

Comment

wow...im not sure why i didnt know that, ive been up to icehouse many times.
              silly! from icehouse, it's right under your nose!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ok, I call downtown Hollywood home. No joke. I am stuck right behind that horrid Hollywood/Highland Complex. Grauman's Chinese Theater is around the corner. No stars, just junkies. Although when there is a premier, I have to drive through the Hollywood Hills to get home. That can be dicey driving on 1 lane roads that are considered two way streets.

The potholes and broken road qualify the roads here as 4WD terrain. I nearly destroyed my 2002 VW New Beetle on those roads. That's why I bought a Jeep (well, that and the fact that my lifestyle changed suddenly).

I thought I had a 4WD buddy, but she wimped out when we went to Oceano. She spent her entire trip in my passenger seat and got nauseus from all the bouncing. Her truck, with its 31' tires, stayed parked. Otherwise, I know no one to drive with and spend a lot of time alone in my Jeep. (All of my friends own cars like Hondas and Toyotas) Even my brother (who used to own a CJ7) won't go wheeling. He says his 4WD Chevy Blazer is a yuppie car and won't take it out.

Comment

well, you certainly came to the right place for wheeling companionship when you showed up here . you found your way to a place filled with jeep junkies. see you on the trail!
                  it must be hell getting any sleep where you live... i dont think i could do it. i need silence!
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    it must be hell getting any sleep where you live... i dont think i could do it. i need silence!
                    I learned to live with it. It was noisier 10 years ago with all the helicopters, but the crime has come down since the complex opened. I lived through 2 years of 24/7 construction while they were building the complex. The gunfire has ceased too. So I consider it pretty darned quiet now.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      well, you certainly came to the right place for wheeling companionship when you showed up here . you found your way to a place filled with jeep junkies. see you on the trail!

yes jeepjunkies....that we are or most of us at least
                      B R E T T

Comment

yes jeepjunkies....that we are or most of us at least
                        As I am finding out.

I view my Jeep as a horse replacement. I can't afford to keep a horse over in Burbank (tried - damned expensive). The Jeep is the closest thing I can get. It goes on trail rides like a horse. It just doesn't need a trailer to get there. When in it's "stable" (read parking space) it doesn't eat or leave droppings.

Hey, the Jeep may be better than a horse! Except it doesn't walk up and breathe down your neck and scare the bejeesus out of you to say "I love you, now feed me.". Or get you home when you're drunk.

Until I can keep a horse, I will have to keep a Jeep.

BTW my Jeep is named after a friend's late Tennesee Walker. There is an old saying about TN Walkers: "Ride one today; you'll own one tomorrow." That's what happened to me with my Jeep. I was sold before I got out of 1st gear.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                          As I am finding out.

I view my Jeep as a horse replacement. I can't afford to keep a horse over in Burbank (tried - damned expensive). The Jeep is the closest thing I can get. It goes on trail rides like a horse. It just doesn't need a trailer to get there. When in it's "stable" (read parking space) it doesn't eat or leave droppings.

its just too bad them jeeps need gas ehh? gas is pretty darned expensive.
                          B R E T T

Comment

its just too bad them jeeps need gas ehh? gas is pretty darned expensive.
                            Yeah, but when you put the horse in a stable and don't ride it for a few days it still needs fuel. At least with the Jeep you can leave it at home and bum rides to work.

You know how much hay is going for these days? Ouch! Makes a gallon of gas positively cheap.

Comment

I'm stuck over here in (818) Tarzana, CA "The Valley."

Azusa Cyn. CA

Jeep at Home
                              *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                              Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                              Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

CMeTopless818
                                welcome to the board! hope to see you on the trails some time
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X