Jeep Forums at MyJeepRocks.com
Shop Jeep Parts.com

Thread: Jeep TJ Seat Risers

www.offroadtrailerz.com
    VENDOR
    02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4

Jeep TJ Seat Risers

Thank you for your interest in our Off Road Werkz Seat Riser product. Virtually anyone can benefit from the installation of one of these kits.
    The kit improves visibility over the dash, and makes it easier to see the end of the hood and front fenders. The product generally improves comfort in the Jeep by making it so you don't have to lift your head constantly to see over the hood. If you are leaning forward or raising your head to see out of the Jeep, you really need this product. Also if your thighs are off the seat bottom, seat risers will take up the slack and improve your seating comfort. If you have a "Dash Bar" installed in your rollcage they an absolute must have, no matter how tall you are.

Seat Riser kits are available in 1", 11/2", and 2" lifts. Each kit consists of 8 ea. Black Anodized Aluminum Blocks, 8 ea Grade 8 Bolts and Washers, and instructions. The installation takes about 10-15 min per seat, with common hand tools. One kit elevates both seats. 1" kits are for people 5' 10" and above, 11/2" kits are for people 5'6" to 5'10", and 2" kits are for people 5'-6" and below. Note: These size ranges are very accurate, and fit the vast majority of customers well. We do not mix kit sizes for safety reasons, or sell partial kits.

Please, Please, Please !!! Do NOT be fooled by Cheap Unsafe Plastic imitations, or guys on the forums telling you to use less than grade 8 hardware, washers, body mount bushings, hockey pucks, or those infamous "Transfer Case Drop Spacers" that "everyone" has laying around their garage. YOU ARE LITERALLY TAKING YOUR LIFE AND LIVES OF YOUR LOVED ONES IN YOUR OWN HANDS, by following their foolish although "well intentioned" instructions. YOUR SAFETY, IS NOT WORTH, the few bucks you "might" save at the local hardware store, not to mention your time. The Off Road Werkz Seat Riser Kit is the Original Seat Riser Kit. It has been in continuous production since 1998. We have sold WELL OVER 2000 kits, and have BY FAR the HIGHEST QUALITY product, We also have the most experience fitting the product Price for all kits is $64.95 + $12.00 shipping and handling. California residents are subject to 7.25% sales tax. We take Visa, Mastercard, Postal Money Order, or Paypal. All kits are shipped within 2 days by Priority Mail, and usually arrive 2-3 days after we mail them. Please email me your phone number and best time to call for credit card info, and shipping address. Note: we advise against emailing your credit card info as email is not a secure method of transmission.

If you are outside of the United States, the entire transaction must be by Email, We ship only to countries that are serviced by Global Priority Mail. Shipping outside the US by "Global Priority Mail" is $27.50.

For more information on this product go to www.stu-offroad.com look under TJ Seat Risers. If you haven't seen this website, it is an absolute BONANZA of information on TJ style Jeeps. You can also go to www.offroad.com for another write up. These write-ups show the complete installation of the seat riser kit,and tell you what you can expect as far as performance from two different view points, and several different heights, from 5"4" to 6'4".
    Call Us Today at 805.477.9977 Monday –Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm to order yours today
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

www.offroadtrailerz.com
    VENDOR
    No more Off Road Werkz........closed down operations but have gone independent dont do partnerships!!!!! Call Me at 805.890.4626 for Killer Deals to MJR members.
    Thanks Rick

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

'04 TJ
    Quote Originally Posted by New2image View Post
    No more Off Road Werkz........closed down operations but have gone independent dont do partnerships!!!!! Call Me at 805.890.4626 for Killer Deals to MJR members.
    Thanks Rick
    Rick,

Interested in your 1" or 1.5" seat risers. Can you PM me your killer deal?

www.offroadtrailerz.com
    VENDOR
    Thanks Lawrence for the purchase hope you enjoy the seat riser and will see you on the trail soon.

'04 TJ
    Thanks Rick. To everyone, Rick is a great guy, called him to order a set and he met me next to my work on his way down to LA that same day Now I have better vision.

Parkin' w/the world's best Jeeps mrblaine's Avatar
    We do not mix kit sizes for safety reasons, or sell partial kits.

Please, Please, Please !!! Do NOT be fooled by Cheap Unsafe Plastic imitations, or guys on the forums telling you to use less than grade 8 hardware,
    Since 3 of the bolts per seat are metric, how do you propose to get them Grade 8 which is an American Bolt hardness and strength specification?
    washers, body mount bushings, hockey pucks, or those infamous "Transfer Case Drop Spacers" that "everyone" has laying around their garage. YOU ARE LITERALLY TAKING YOUR LIFE AND LIVES OF YOUR LOVED ONES IN YOUR OWN HANDS, by following their foolish although "well intentioned" instructions. YOUR SAFETY, IS NOT WORTH, the few bucks you "might" save at the local hardware store, not to mention your time.
    I just spoke with one of your customers and he relates to me that across the bottom of his instructions it states that the seat riser kit is for "Offroad Use Only".

Why is that?

The Off Road Werkz Seat Riser Kit is the Original Seat Riser Kit. It has been in continuous production since 1998. We have sold WELL OVER 2000 kits, and have BY FAR the HIGHEST QUALITY product,
    What is the grade of the factory bolts that hold the seats in?
    I am Savvy.

Well....
    1. Metric standard grade on these bolts are 10.2 grade
    Never heard of 10.2 Metric grade. I have a bunch of 10.9's I use for power steering pumps. Perhaps you meant that?

2. Its a disclaimer like all aftermarket Jeep Parts.
    Just like all Jeep Suspension Parts all are design for OFFROAD USE.
    That disclaimer is used when you can't back up your safety claims through testing. You made a bunch of safety related comments and then tossed in a big disclaimer. Which is it?

3. Stock Jeep bolts are Grade 2

I hope these answer your Questions.... now what size do you need?
    The ones I removed were Metric Grade 9.8's. Where are the grade 2's?
    I am Savvy.

10.2 10.9 I feel close.....
    Safety is our reason for the kit.
    Safety is not the reason for your kit. The safest you can be is where the factory put the seat. That's my point. You keep claiming to be safer in order to sell stuff and then put the big disclaimer in there hoping to protect yourself and that won't happen.

Disclaimers protect us. Because of sue happy individuals. You dont think Jeep product manufacturers worry about this when they know that most Jeep owners who are going offroad and have the possiblity of getting in a pickle and then blaming them for the accident, Because of being MODIFIED.
    And if your seat risers do fail, they will have every right to sue you. Unless you have done the crash testing to show your risers are safe in a crash, you should quit trying to sell folks on the safety aspect of them. Just market them as a way to raise the seat and forego the rest of the BS.
    These were the answers given to me from the manufacturer Randy Buchannen from Buchannen Precision Machine.
    So What is your point? We have sold alot of Kits with no problems.
    And what happens when you do?

Do you even own a TJ? Do you even see the reason why to install these items. Have you seen our kit installed?????
    What does me owning a TJ have to do with anything?

Yes, I've seen the kit installed.

I own a set and love it, My wife is 5'1 on a lucky day she feels better when she drive my Jeep She can see over the hood now. Needless to say I have never had a seat kit returned to us and have many satisfied customers and if they felt it didnt help them I would gladly give them their money back.
    This isn't about whether or not the kit works. It's about you making claims of safety you can't back up and then slapping the big Offroad Use Only disclaimer on your comments.
    Check out my ebay comments also.
    I just dont see where you are coming from???
    Try a tad harder. You have no crash testing done to verify your claims of a safer product. If the inherent design features are not obvious like showing a seat with a seat belt and one without, then you ought not make a safety claim unless your testing has shown that the floor bolts won't rip out and the taller bolts don't cause undue stress to the seat base.

That's where I'm coming from.
    I am Savvy.

What now do you feel better......
    Thanks for your point of view.

I have read your other remarks on different issues to other members will just consider the source...
    Have a Great Day!!!!
    Well consider this then. If you want to promote a product, you should couch your phrasing in such a manner as to be accurate. Not doing so opens the door to others debating the merits of your claims and only make you look like an idiot.

At least know that the OEM jeep seat bolts are not grade 2.

At least know that OEM bolts are metric and therefore don't fall under the American Standard of Grade 8.

At least know the difference in Metric Class 10.9 and 10.2 and 9.8 and how they compare to Grade 8.

At least know that when someone can blow big holes in part of your knowledge of the product you are promoting, that the rest of your claims soon become suspect as well.

Consider that source.
    I am Savvy.

W.R.Buchanan

Owner: Buchanan Precision Machine

First: I would like to introduce myself. My name is Randy Buchanan, I own Buchanan Precision Machine maker of the Buchanan Precision Machine Seat Riser kit.

Second: I would like to apoligize for any misinformation diseminated by OffroadWerkz.
    The Seat Riser kit they are selling is MY kit not their's. As of 5:30 PM 4/19/2007 OffroadWerkz is no longer a dealer of my product.

Third, with relation to my product: It is well tested as I have sold @ 3000 kits over the last 8 years. The product has a Money back guarentee. So Far in 8 years I have refunded to "2" people. This record speaks for itself. This product has been the subject of several magazine articles, and internet articles, and is well represented on most of the Jeep forums.

The product is available from me, 4 WD Hardware, and Northridge 4x4.

Once again I apoligize for any misinformation, and if anyone has ANY questions about my product, you may contact me at buchananprec@roadrunner.com I will be happy to respond to any questions about the product.

Thank you W.R.Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    First: I would like to introduce myself. My name is Randy Buchanan, I own Buchanan Precision Machine maker of the Buchanan Precision Machine Seat Riser kit.

Second: I would like to apoligize for any misinformation diseminated by OffroadWerkz.
    The Seat Riser kit they are selling is MY kit not their's. As of 5:30 PM 4/19/2007 OffroadWerkz is no longer a dealer of my product.

Third, with relation to my product: It is well tested as I have sold @ 3000 kits over the last 8 years. The product has a Money back guarentee. So Far in 8 years I have refunded to "2" people. This record speaks for itself. This product has been the subject of several magazine articles, and internet articles, and is well represented on most of the Jeep forums.

The product is available from me, 4 WD Hardware, and Northridge 4x4.

Once again I apoligize for any misinformation, and if anyone has ANY questions about my product, you may contact me at buchananprec@roadrunner.com I will be happy to respond to any questions about the product.

Thank you W.R.Buchanan
    Thank you Randy. That is exactly the response I was looking for. I have a set of your risers I purchased after parking my butt in a friends jeep and noticing that my sore back felt much better. We have three TJ's, one of which is an 04 with the lowered seats. My wife and I have both noticed that our backs don't like the lowered height and needed to do something to solve the problem.

I ordered and installed the risers and my back is much happier and my field of view is much better over the hood now.

I appreciate you clearing up the confusion and would highly recommend your product to anyone needing a better view point and a way to make their back happy.

I found the kit to be well constructed of quality materials and the bolts to be at least of a similar grade to OEM.
    I am Savvy.