Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Johnson Valley Public Meetings: 29 Palms, Victorville, Ontario

ANOTHER Set of Public Scoping Meetings on Proposed Marine Base Expansion

Ed. Note: Listen up MJR. There were 500 people that attended the last public scoping open house. THESE NUMBERS ARE PATHETIC! Rick and I attended the one in Victorville last month and only saw one familiar face, Kim. If you don't think they can snatch up this land in a heartbeat, think again. I expect to see every member here at one of these meetings, especially if you haven't been to any. IT REALLY DOES MATTER, and THIS IS A BIG DEAL. No more excuses. I would say I'd kick your ass if you didn't show, but we all know that won't realistically happen, hehe. (end rant)

Twentynine Palms, CA
    December 3, 2008, 5 p.m to 9 p.m.: ROLL CALL
    (Twentynine Palms Junior High, Hay’s Gym, 5798 Utah Trail, Twentynine Palms, CA)

Victorville, CA
    December 4, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: ROLL CALL
    Meet us for dinner at Richie's at 4pm, at the corner of 7th street and Green Tree Blvd. Call Roger or myself for directions.
    (Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, 12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville, CA)

Ontario, CA
    December 5, 2008, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.: ROLL CALL
    (Convention Center, 2000 E. Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA)

Your participation in the public decision making process is critical. You can help save Johnson Valley by attending one of the three Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base expansion scoping meetings. Just walking through the door of one of the meetings to ask questions and gather information sends a loud and powerful message that the future use of Johnson Valley by the public is important to you!

For a rundown of the details, see this post. For the most part, don't ask questions here, ASK THEM THERE WHEN YOU SHOW UP!

Get your name on one of these lists right now!
    Last edited by sarah; 12-03-08, 11:26 AM. Reason: add roll calls
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Sarah,

Clicking on the "This Post" at the end of your message didn't work for me. And Sarah, you are so HOT when you are forceful like that. HEHEHE Ya baby! Now lets see some faces at these meetings!

Mitch

Comment

At least the Ontario meeting's on a Friday. OH NO! Friday commuters, gotta love LA.

Better bring provisions

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Sarah,

Clicking on the "This Post" at the end of your message didn't work for me. And Sarah, you are so HOT when you are forceful like that. HEHEHE Ya baby! Now lets see some faces at these meetings!

Mitch
        LMAO! Fixed the link. Thanks! You'll be with us in spirit at the VV meeting Mitch

Comment

Tam and I will be at the one on friday in ontario.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Helen & Harry,

Thank you for your constant support on this and all the other issues that you fight for!. I hope that we see more faces at these meetings. We have so many members, this could really make a difference.

I'll see you guys tinight at 4:00pm at Richies!

Mitch

Comment

See you all at the meeting tonight.
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                See you all at the meeting tonight.
                Dinner is at 4:00 PM at Richies Diner - 7th & Greentree if you can make it!
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks to Roger, Mitch, Matt, Rick and Old Man for taking the time to attend this important meeting. We also saw Helen and Harry of course, along with Kim! Partnership for Johnson Valley has done soooo much to communicate and let the marines know exactly what we do out there - please tell them THANK YOU when you see them! We also saw Quinn who drove all the way from Big Bear to attend.

Tam & Chris have been busy emailing everyone that signed the petition, and last night Tammy printed it out (130+pages!) and is taking it tonight to ONT to show off. You both ROCK!

Good luck tonight! Wish we could make it again.

Comment

I just got home from Ontario. I was there at 4:45pm and when I left at 6pm there were a few hundred folks there. I looked at all 6 alternatives and then went back and asked questions of all 6 USMC officials stationed at each alternative. Only Col. McArthur gave me honest and open answers. The rest all stated the "canned" government lines. I listened to Col. McArthur for about 45 minutes and I believe he understands the situation very well, and was honest enough to admit that the USMC underestimated the importance of JV when this whole process started.

All 6 officials stated that they were under orders from Senator Feinstein to not come up with an alternative to use the wilderness area to the East.
                    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                      All 6 officials stated that they were under orders from Senator Feinstein to not come up with an alternative to use the wilderness area to the East.
                      What a surprise...we really need to organize an effort to get both Feinstein and Boxer out of office and replace them with representatives who are more "user" friendly. :angry::censor:

Comment

Doug,

I had the same feelings as you did. Only one gentleman seemed to be honest about the situation, the rest of the men and women seemed to have the same "Canned Answers". Several did voice a disappointment over the quest of Diane Feinstein to grab as much of our lands and turn them into Wilderness areas that we can't use. Giving back part of Sheep Hole Wilderness would incease the usable landscape for the Marines and make the EAST move more practical.

Mitch

Comment

I think I'm goig to write the Senator a letter.... well an e-mail really.
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Photos from the event:

and for Roger...

If anyone hasn't submitted public comments yet, you need to do so! And if you have, send more

Comment

dunno if this is repost found this on local club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNxIbbGvxro
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X