Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Box Canyon/Bullfrog/Bullfrog/Hammerdown/box Canyon

I had PM's to lead a small group through Bullfrog with Shant (Mr Bash), Larry from San Diego in his Yellow Rubicon, and Rob (4 point) who drove 5 hours from north of Fresno. Mr Bash was having some problem with a friends JK and was running a couple of hours late so I meet with Larry, and Rob in Lucerne and we hit the trails. To kill some time while waiting for Mr Bash we hit Box Canyon and scoped out Hammerdown on foot for a later run after Bash made it. Then we hit Bullfrog with me in the lead, cause this was a first time for both Larry and Rob. We cruised thru 2/3 of the trail including "Jeep Eater" and we took a lunch break till Shant and his crew made it.

Well we heard Shant and the Armenian Mafia before we saw them. Shant brought out his virgin boys and their shiny JK's. All we heard on the radio was, "Oh there goes the door step", and there goes the running board, and "I'll be right back, I'm going to kill my brother". This was better than a "Three Stooges Movie!
    All joking aside Shant's family and friends were a ton of fun and very friendly and made for a great time. The JK's split to go shooting in a legal place away for this area. Along the way a black Rubicon taged along for about a third of the trail and then had enough. At this point, Rob jumped into Larry's yellow Rubi and I got Shant's brother as passenger and we completed Bullfrog. So Larry, Rob, and I almost completed 2 trips through Bullfrog including "Jeep Eater" twice!. Larry really wanted to run Hammerdown so we headed that direction. The proved to be rather basic with Shant giving us a little show and ultimately a winch coming into play!

An absolutely awesome day!!! What a great group of trails, a great group of friends, and alway's perfect to meet new faces!

Thank you Larry, and Rob for the call! We will run again soon. Shant thank you for being there and bringing all of your friends, what a ball.

Mitch

Box Canyon

Bullfrog

Hammerdown

A little air time / Notice approaching dust storm!
    Last edited by Mitch; 05-04-09, 06:38 AM.

Some Video.

Box Canyon

Shant gets some help on Hammerdown

Last edited by Mitch; 05-03-09, 09:21 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Mitch, is that your Jeep I see on Hammerdown???
      Way to go!![/COLOR]

Comment

Nice report & pic's guys!

Comment

Way cool! Great run from the looks of it. Hey Mitch, How'd you like Hammerdown?
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
            Way cool! Great run from the looks of it. Hey Mitch, How'd you like Hammerdown?

[COLOR="Blue"]I hear he tore throught it like nothing!![/COLOR]

Comment

Well,

Mike K and those there knew the secret.... I did not not run Hammerdown but I will next time. a little camera work and some backing up and I was on the trail. Everything else was a piece of Frog, not Cake.... Awesome day. No worries at all today. The next step is.....

Mitch

Comment

I hear Mr Bash calling.... I must do Hammerdown soon or else! Maybe on Tueday when I meet up with Mike and the BLM.

Mitch

Comment

Hey Mitch, I want to thank you again for coming out for the run. It was great to meet you and Mr.(Hammer Down)Bash. I had a great time and WILL be back to run this trail. I have to upload my pics still and I'll will post a link to them.

BTW, Great pics and video.

Comment

Awesome time! Great report!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Whoever owns the Jeep with the torn up tow strap needs to throw that strap away and buy a new one! I wouldn't trust it!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Whoever owns the Jeep with the torn up tow strap needs to throw that strap away and buy a new one! I wouldn't trust it!
                        That's my jeep and the tow strap is there for looks, I never use that one. It adds a nicetone of yellow to my jeep. The real tow strap is inside the vehicle.

Comment

Here is the link to my pics.
                          http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...0Frog%20Trail/
                          Larry (yellow Rubicon) asked if I would post a link ti his also.
                          http://picasaweb.google.com/Stevens2...alleyJeepTrip#

Comment

Originally posted by 4point View Post
                            Here is the link to my pics.
                            http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...0Frog%20Trail/
                            Larry (yellow Rubicon) asked if I would post a link ti his also.
                            http://picasaweb.google.com/Stevens2...alleyJeepTrip#
                            Wow those are a lot of pictures! Nice shots!

Comment

Rob and Larry,

Thank you both for the fun day. The pictures turned out great. I forgot about my back wheel in the air on Jeep Eater. Great camera angle Larry!

Shant: your pic's and video are next. And the Blond in "Milk and Honey" ROCKS!

Mitch
                              Last edited by Mitch; 05-04-09, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X