Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleghon 8/14/09

We had a blast out at cleghorn this weekend. There were six of us on the trail. It was :
    chilidipper
    SantaAnaSlim
    Scaffoldman
    Winger02
    2blk2drs
    OU812

We made it thru the trail without incident. Scaffoldman and Winger02 helped me thru the V-notch and we have 2blk2drs a push over some rocks but otherwise we didn't have any trouble. We ran from the bottom to the top and the group split up. The was the first trail run doorless for 2blk2drs. A little more impressive considering he's in an Xj. But when we got to the top he realized he was missing part of his dash matt. We didn't need much of an excuse to run the trail again on the way home so 2blk2drs chillidipper and I took off down the mountain. about 1/2 mile into the trail we found his dash matt and continued down the trail. Nearly to the bottom we still had plenty of daylight to play around with some of the climbs near the high line wires. Here we realized chilidipper had a sidewall puncture and decided to cal it a day.

I took a few hundred pictures. I take pictures like an amateur machine-gun operator. SPRAY AND PRAY! So hear is a link to my photobucket. MAYBE you will find one of your rig you will like. The one picture I didn't get that I wish I could have would have to be chilidipper completely air born on the way down the mountain. The TJ of his took it like a champ.

Flex shot of the day!

Chillidipper's tire plug. It only took 4 to slow down the leak!

Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Scott, Sean and the rest of the gang looks like you all had a blast. Nice pics, the Cleghorn trails are always fun good to see you tackled the v notch

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What part is the V notch?

Comment

Hey Winger02,

I looked up ATLAS. Looks like they're in Gardena. Is there someone I should be asking for? They don't seem to have a website.

150 E 157th St
          Gardena, CA 90248
          (310) 323-0193

That look right?

I looked up that place around the corner from me, and it's DEAVER suspension. You're looking at 700 for front and another 700 for the rear. Just a little out of my price range for a 4.5" lift.

http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafsjs.html

Comment

I didn't get any pictures of the v-notch because I was too busy being stuck. I lost traction on my left rear and right front. And I coudn't back up because my rear bumper was on a rock.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
              I didn't get any pictures of the v-notch because I was too busy being stuck. I lost traction on my left rear and right front. And I coudn't back up because my rear bumper was on a rock.
              I wish I had done the notch... that's the one thing I didn't do that everyone else did. I guess there's always next time. Meredith is always worried about flipping over and stuff, so I have to make sure she's comfortable.

Comment

Alwayse keep your lady happy.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Smash coast the V notch is the part where your buddy in the Toyota almost flopped

Comment

Lotsa fun folks. Cleghorn is becoming one of my Fav's. I did get some cool video of the V notch as well as other spots. I will have to post it give everyone the link. It was great to meet everyone and spend the day wheeling.
                    Doing this run in 37s, 8" lift and lockers is one thing, but watching some of you guys do it with open diff's, 32's was very impressive.
                    Thanks Sean and Scott for helping plug my tire to get me home. I was getting nervous when added the 4th plug and started looking for some bubble gum!
                    Living the Dream"!
                    , Joe

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
                      Hey Winger02,

I looked up ATLAS. Looks like they're in Gardena. Is there someone I should be asking for? They don't seem to have a website.

150 E 157th St
                      Gardena, CA 90248
                      (310) 323-0193

That look right?

I looked up that place around the corner from me, and it's DEAVER suspension. You're looking at 700 for front and another 700 for the rear. Just a little out of my price range for a 4.5" lift.

http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafsjs.html
                      Deaver is not cheap but they do good work. If your wanting to go 4.5" try BDS or RE. Much easier on your pocket book and you'll be happy with the performance. I paid about $600 for my RE 4.5" lift.
                      A little reading.
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14791
                      Check out .

Comment

Working...
                      X