Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not much for planning ahead, but who all is in for a Opening Day Run on Sat 11/7 . . . if there's enough interest maybe we should get a run posted up. Hey Larry . . . any idea from the Rangers as to the time they'll open it up . . . would hate to get up there and find a closed gate!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
      I'm not much for planning ahead, but who all is in for a Opening Day Run on Sat 11/7 . . . if there's enough interest maybe we should get a run posted up. Hey Larry . . . any idea from the Rangers as to the time they'll open it up . . . would hate to get up there and find a closed gate!
      Not sure he said it will open on the 7th. I have to get his # from my friend on monday night, and will call to check the time for sat.

Comment

Josh sure you can ride with me...And Joe I,m up for the 7th..Here,s the number I have for Rowher if anyone is interested..661-296-9710
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Update!!! on the trail opening 9.00 am. on the 8th that is this coming Sunday called the Forest Service earlier today for this info..

Comment

I'm down for a Sunday Rowher ReOpening Run . . . who else would like to join in on the fun. Where do you all want to meet up? We usually started from the Bouquet side to run the waterfall or whatever you want to call it, but seeing that the trail has changed, I'm not sure which direction would be the best . . . what do you think Larry? What happened to Sat 11/7 . . . did it get pushed back for some reason?

Comment

I,m not sure why it isn,t opening Sat. but I talked to a Ranger on the phone and he said Sun. the 8th gates will open he also told be to count on a big a CROWD!!! I,m for sure up for it but not sure I,m up to all the different vehicles that are gonna be there bikes quads, jeeps..etc.. most likely a whole bunch too..

Comment

So when and where are we meeting Sunday morning. We are ready!

Let's get this posted and get some people going!

Jeff & Robin

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Here,s my 1st. time at Rowher

OOP,SSS

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      I'm down for a Sunday Rowher ReOpening Run . . . who else would like to join in on the fun. Where do you all want to meet up? We usually started from the Bouquet side to run the waterfall or whatever you want to call it, but seeing that the trail has changed, I'm not sure which direction would be the best . . . what do you think Larry? What happened to Sat 11/7 . . . did it get pushed back for some reason?
                      What can I say its the state ( sat is a furlo day)

Comment

What time are you all thinking or meeting up. I'm wondering if it will really be open at 9am or if the plan is to start to get around to opening the gates at 9am?!?! Which side do you think it would be best to start on?

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                          I,m not sure why it isn,t opening Sat. but I talked to a Ranger on the phone and he said Sun. the 8th gates will open he also told be to count on a big a CROWD!!! I,m for sure up for it but not sure I,m up to all the different vehicles that are gonna be there bikes quads, jeeps..etc.. most likely a whole bunch too..
                          Apparently, Forest Order #01-08-03 which closed Rowher Flat and Drinkwater OHV areas was signed on November 7, 2008 and it was effective for one year. Therefore, unless the Forest Supervisor rescinds the closure order, it doesn't expire until November 8, 2009.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/orde...r-01-08-03.pdf

I couldn't go with you on Saturday because it's an Adopt-a-trail workday. If I don't break anything on Saturday, I'll join you on Sunday. When/where shall we meet?
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                            I couldn't go with you on Saturday because it's an Adopt-a-trail workday. If I don't break anything on Saturday, I'll join you on Sunday. When/where shall we meet?
                            Would be great to see you Russ...it's been a while...I've been following your trail reports and might be a little green with envy when I see you!!! I'm not much for coordinating these things, but I'm thinking of heading up the Bouquet side and hitting the trail head at about 10am to give the Rangers a chance to open the gates. There's also a cool place called Big Oaks Lodge about 5 minutes before the trailhead and we could meet there too. It's a biker hang out but has tons of parking . . . might be a good spot to meet up as the early arrivers could grab a cup of coffee and support a local business.

Comment

Can anyone please tell me if a basically stock unlimited can make it up the front face? I drove the easy way yesterday with the kids and I know I'm a wimp because that frontside off Bouquet by the reservoir looks pretty intimidating!

Comment

Originally posted by crashtom View Post
                                Can anyone please tell me if a basically stock unlimited can make it up the front face? I drove the easy way yesterday with the kids and I know I'm a wimp because that frontside off Bouquet by the reservoir looks pretty intimidating!
                                I took a stock 06 Rubi up and down it before it was closed. It's a pretty good climb, had it on 2 wheels a couple times. I was still getting used to the Jeep, I didn't have it a week before I took it up that trail. I would say leave the kids behind and hit it, make sure you have someone to help you up if need be.

Comment

Working...
                                X