X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures of a really fun run !!!
    Loved each day !!

Comment

what route did you end up taking from bismark to the cabin? wondering if theres a better way then i know
      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Hey thank you everyone for letting me join in, this was the first run ever with you guys and your guys are amazing people thanks for making a noobie welcome. Ill be following you guys again next year without the annoy friends that I brought to tag along. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by taylorireton View Post
          Hey thank you everyone for letting me join in, this was the first run ever with you guys and your guys are amazing people thanks for making a noobie welcome. Ill be following you guys again next year without the annoy friends that I brought to tag along. Thanks again
          Were you the guys on the side of the freeway on-ramp I stop to check on? What was wrong with the Saturn car?

Comment

They were no prob.Taylor.It was great meeting ya and hope to see ya out on the trail again soon.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              Were you the guys on the side of the freeway on-ramp I stop to check on? What was wrong with the Saturn car?
              yep that was my friends cousins car, I dont know what was exactly wrong with it something with the starter, we turned it off to grab some plastic that got caught underneath, then we tried to turn it back on and all the relays clicked but nothing happened. We tried pounding on the starter relay and jump starting it but nothing, so they ended up towing it back home. Thanks for stopping and helping

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                what route did you end up taking from bismark to the cabin? wondering if theres a better way then i know
                Troy,

We took the route that you gave us two waypoints for.

The first time we tried to find it using just the waypoints, we couldn't find it.

After putting the waypoints into Google Earth, we were able to find the route and plot a whole bunch of other waypoints that helped us find the route.

It appears to be the most direct way to go besides the old route with the big washout.

Thanks for pointing that one out!

Christian
                "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                  Troy,

We took the route that you gave us two waypoints for.

The first time we tried to find it using just the waypoints, we couldn't find it.

After putting the waypoints into Google Earth, we were able to find the route and plot a whole bunch of other waypoints that helped us find the route.

It appears to be the most direct way to go besides the old route with the big washout.

Thanks for pointing that one out!

Christian
                  yeah it works. not the most established trail but you guys laid down some more tracks in it. glad you guys made it over there. that cabin is pretty neat!

Comment

yep that was my friends cousins car, I dont know what was exactly wrong with it something with the starter, we turned it off to grab some plastic that got caught underneath, then we tried to turn it back on and all the relays clicked but nothing happened. We tried pounding on the starter relay and jump starting it but nothing, so they ended up towing it back home. Thanks for stopping and helping
                    You're welcome. I wasn't sure if you needed help or not. When I pulled up I saw the Jeep on the side of the road, I thought you had stopped to help the car. Wish I could have been able to help you out. I was thinking a it might be a loose battery connection. It sounded like the driver's parents were going to come and help. It seemed that all was in control. But of course when I heard, "come up the 215" I thought damn!, that's a long drive.
                    Glad you made it home.

Comment

yeah it works. not the most established trail but you guys laid down some more tracks in it. glad you guys made it over there. that cabin is pretty neat!
                      ...and I saw what you meant about needing a rope to check out Silver Bow Mine!

Christian
                      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
                        ...and I saw what you meant about needing a rope to check out Silver Bow Mine!

Christian
                        yeah you can comando down a 30 foot tow strap tied off to a truck parked at the top. after the first 6 vertical drop and another 10 or so feet of navigating through garbage, you find the ladder in pretty good shape and let go of the strap

Comment

...and let go of the strap
                          Uh, no
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            Uh, no
                            haha its not that bad. this is me standing on the first level looking back up. you can see the start of the ladder here. if you look hard enough you can see my yellow tow strap rigth in the center of the picture. thats a 30 foot strap i think and it gets you to the ladder safly over all that garbage at the top

Comment

haha its not that bad. this is me standing on the first level looking back up. you can see the start of the ladder here. if you look hard enough you can see my yellow tow strap rigth in the center of the picture. thats a 30 foot strap i think and it gets you to the ladder safly over all that garbage at the top
                              I think I'd still feel better with a rope all the way down, just in case the ladder decided that it was done supporting my weight.

It would be nice to haul that trash out of the entrance.

Christian

Comment

Thanks, everybody for the great pics and stories! Looks like I missed a good one! Couldnt make it- we were camped at Glamis for a week. Next time...

Comment

Working...
                                X