Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Hairy Crack Nighttime Fun

Well I spoke to Max on Friday and he said that it was time to re-visit the Hairy Crack at night. So he made a few calls and rounded up a few guys who didn't have holiday weekend plans. We started with 7 and added one more at the halfway point. I'll let Max fill in the names. We hit the trail at 7:00pm and were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset as we started up the Crack. I drove further than before and peeled off at about the halfway point with 2 others. The trail was awesome and proved to be a tough challenge for those that made it to the end. Other than scrapes, bangs, and bumps everyone drove back in one piece. My last photo shows a little scatch on my wheel. Great time on the trail and around the fire after. Thanks everyone, a wonderful night!

Ready to rock!

Following Max at the begining of the trail.

Sunset time

Max the Gatekeeper!

Fun Time

Scott (dezertdog)

Scotty

Art

Mark (Hundy)

Video

What the Hell happened here?

Last edited by Mitch; 09-05-10, 10:14 AM.

You are an animal Mitch, tearing it up!
    Awesome run Max, I had a ball, The fire ring chat afterwards was pretty neat also.

Nice hatband

Loads a fun and no major carnage, only one tire went flat and then only on the bottom

Comment

Damn, wished I could of made this. Work sucks. Oh well hope my boy ( Scotty ) put in a good showing, Kevin.

Comment

We missed you last night Kevin. Scotty did great and made it thru the whole trail.

Comment

Awesome run! Michelle and I had a blast. Cant wait to see where we can get that trail to go---

Thanks for the pics!

THX Maxwell!!!

Comment

Looks like you guys had a great time. One of these days I need to run this trail.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Max is thinking about extending this trail across the mountain so maybe a couple of trail work days would be fun. It's a cool trail nice rocks, quite a few of them loose so it's always challenging

Comment

hey guys i had a great time with a great group of jeepers i cant wait for the next one.thanks for the invite max

Comment

By the way Mitch, I like the easy trail rating.
                  You are to much, because it really is a great bunny trail right?

Comment

Thanks for the invite Max. I had a great time. A little disappointed that I had to leave my li'l red wagon behind though.
                    It's a really fun trail and I intend to keep up next time!
                    Thanks to Scotty for letting me ride "shotgun". It's a lot different on that side of the Jeep!
                    And Scotty, my clutch is a problem. I was bunny hoppin at every lite on the way home. Gotta tear into it.:sad::thumbs_do
                    Sorry I was so quiet at the fireside chat. Still getting over the flu. But I enjoyed it just the same.
                    Met some new Jeepers & finally got to wheel with Art.
                    Thanks again Max for your hospitality.
                    Great pix guys.
                    GOOD TIMES!

Scott

Comment

Too funny Art. I ment to post it as Moderate, not Easy. Can't change it now.

Mitch

Comment

Just wanted to extend a thank you to everyone who made the effort to come out! It was a fantastic night with great friends and good times! Here are a few pics:

Tight turn in the crack!

Best, Maxwell Britton
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Looks like another fun time on the crack. Sorry I missed it.
                          Check out .

Comment

Max,
                            Thanks for the invite. I couldn't make it cuz I was stuck in a "Hairy Crack" of another kind all weekend... Wish I could have made it. I want to come help get that trail over the hump.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like fun. I don't think my Jeep is ready for this yet, but I'd love to go take a look at it. Can someone tell me where this is? It looks like the Apple Valley area, but I don't know where.
                              Thanks,
                              ~R

Comment

Working...
                              X