Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Little yeller does the hairy crack

Fred and me were so lucky to be invited to the Britton ranch to help celebrate Max's brithday with a great day of wheeling. Thanks again Max for a great day of wheeling and comradery. Did we have fun you bet, was there carnage? Yup 2 busted tires 2 failed u joints and one bend spring was the tally for the day.
    What more is there? This trail just rocks, we started with 11 jeeps and 8 finished the whole run, this trail is what rock crawling is all about, keeps ya on your toes the entire time. I am still amazed that my little Jeep on 32" tires ran the entire trail with no damage to speak of.
    Well here is a link for the pictures I took, I am sure there will be many more to come Dirtman13 laying his Jeep on its side without any real damage, you got skill Chuck
    http://picasaweb.google.com/aartw12345/HairyCrackTrail#

Last edited by aw12345; 02-01-09, 01:14 AM.

Looks like a very busy, fun trail, Art! Don't be so modest--your rig may be "little," but it's definitely well-built.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

You're right David my little put put tends to go where it needs to go. Was a lot of fun and very technical, took some work to keep up with the big boys but came out of it without any damage.
      Was a Saturday well spend, from the look of it you had a lot of fun too out in your neck of the woods

Comment

Art,

It was good to see you guys out there today. I need to do more than the first 1/3 of the trail to get to the photo area! Haaa.
        After the Axle episode last time here, I thought I'd play a little easier today. Nice pictures especially the back view of Kurt and the one where Fred almost... well you know. We stayed and watched the videos and pic's from the camera's on the TV after dinner. Awesome day.

Mitch

Comment

Yes Mitch it was an awesome day would love to see the rest of the pictures and video, and yes you can do the hairycrack also Mitch, don't let it intimidate you. By the way anytime on the weekends you are up to running Cleghorn just give me a holler

Comment

Good seeing all of you at Max's home, puting more faces to names, (desert jewel, Rat patrol, and others), Have a great birthday, Max.
            :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

The Hairy Crack lived up to it's reputation yesterday. That was a blast. Here are most of the pics I took of the day.
              It was great seeing everyone, and meeting new folks as well.
              Max and Niki,
              what can I say except, you guys are the best! Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!

Chuck ran over my foot, that's why he's laughing...

The crew

The rest of the 500+ pics are here:http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...olmjr/?start=0

Max, Again, happy birthday. You ROCK!
              Last edited by RAT; 02-01-09, 09:31 AM.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
                Good seeing all of you at Max's home, puting more faces to names, (desert jewel, Rat patrol, and others), Have a great birthday, Max.
                Wish I could have done the run after looking at the pics. Max thanks for the invite it was a great party and a great time next time ill throw the boggers on the "green monster" and run the trail with you guys. Max's wife Nikki cooked some awesome food for us it was jammin...M
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Nobody mentioned the "Butt-Rub" available for the steaks...
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks again Max for A great time you really did a great job on your trail made me think about my lines although I took one that was going to the moon.Nice to meet all the new faces.
                    You can make it

Comment

defenitly a great day Max, thanks again, this trail is no joke, it obstical after obsticle, fun stuff, ill post my pics in a bit..great seeing old friends and meeting new ones..Kevin

Comment

Great folks, great birthday!

I just want to thank you guys for a great time, the friendships and comaraderie are second to none!
                        I kinda wish I could have taken my Jeep... but rear ends blow up sometimes, ugh. Even from my new prepective on foot, the trail was challenging LOL. The action in the deeper portions of the trail was spectacular, carnage found a few and is lurking for others next time. Loading pics and vid's later.
                        Best, Max7
                        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Coooool.Great pic's ,looks to be a great way to spend a Birthday. All I got to do is show my Wife this is funner then a BBQ
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Had a great time. I didn't get too far up the trail, but had a great time. Best part was wife saying she was having a great time, and that everybody was so nice!

Time to repair and upgrade!

Thanks for a great day Max and all the others. Food was awesome.

Comment

Just to show off some of the fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X