Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat tow from clevis d-ring mounts.

I am looking for a way to hook up a Blue Ox tow bar a I have sitting in my garage to the D-ring mounts in my front bumper. Has anyone done this? Any reason I shouldn't? I need to look at my tow bar but I think this bracket will work.http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...number=BA-3200 I have been googleing for a few hours and haven’t found anyone who has used their aftermarket bumper tow with. I am not interested in replacing the shackles with the currie tow shackles.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

there is a cheaper way. A buddy fabbed mine up. let me get a pic for you
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

i towed mine this weekend with a falcon 2 hooked up to the rings and it worked great !!

Comment

We dont use an Blue Ox tow bar, but we do tow using our shackle mounts on my aftermarket bumper.

Lemme see if I can find you some pictures.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Pictures would be great thanks for all the quick replies
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That is actually what I am planning on doing when I tow my beastie to Moab. As long as the D ring mounts are welded in from both sides and you find some good atachment points for your saftey chains I cannot see why it would not work

Comment

I use a D-ring clevis mount from Warrior products and made for the clevis mount.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/37353

Sorry but you will have to cut and paste the link.

Comment

Ok so I got home and took a better look at my tow bar. This looks like it might be really easy. The stock mounts are exactly in the right place to hook up to my bumper. If I can find someone to fab up a bracket for me that will bolt up where this L shaped bracket is, I should be good.

This is the bracket I am talking about. Maybe a F shaped bracket that the mount would slip into would work.

Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If you haven't done anything with this yet, I can make a set of brackets for this no problem. PM me if you want me to.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    If you haven't done anything with this yet, I can make a set of brackets for this no problem. PM me if you want me to.
                    That would be great. One last questions before I make all my measurements. There is a 14 inch difference in the height of my 4runner's receiver hitch and my jeeps bumper. I have found some PRICEY 12 inch drop hitches. Can I use one of these upside-down?
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

yes and i just ordered the 8" myself i was 9" below the jeep bumper ....etrailer.com has some good prices !!

Comment

Originally posted by bclg View Post
                        I use a D-ring clevis mount from Warrior products and made for the clevis mount.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_in...ducts_id/37353

Sorry but you will have to cut and paste the link.
                        I got similiar ones. mine fit great. has a spacer inside and are tough.

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Do the spacers come out? I think I will need these too because my D-ring holes are 3/4 inch.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                            Do the spacers come out? I think I will need these too because my D-ring holes are 3/4 inch.
                            yeah spacers come out. no play with my genright bumper.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                              That would be great. One last questions before I make all my measurements. There is a 14 inch difference in the height of my 4runner's receiver hitch and my jeeps bumper. I have found some PRICEY 12 inch drop hitches. Can I use one of these upside-down?

If you need another vote for yes, you'll be fine. That's what I do when I tow.

Comment

Working...
                              X