Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Cleghorn beginners run

Flatout and Me were thinking of doing an easy run on Cleghorn rd to help some people out that want to have some fun trail riding. A lot of Cleghorn rd can be done in a stock Jeep, especially if it has some good ofroad tires on it. You got 31's you can do most all of the side trails. Come on out and lets have some fun
    Meeting time 5pm Saturday July18 under the freeway bridge 15 fwy and Cleghorn rd exit

See ya there

Hey Art,

This is a great thing you & flatout are doing! They will learn a lot from you guys.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

if you have bigger tires then 31's are you still invited ??

Comment

Darn, I have to work 1 to 5 that day. That seems kind of late in the day if someone has trouble it could put them out there after dark. I'm an old guy and don't do nights well anymore :=) When you get old you'll understand! Is the reason for the late start "heat"?
        Gregg Turk
        West Oak Hills
        greggturk.com
        95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

I think this one's got my name on it. Im a beginner, with rock lights! If I am in town that weekend I will be there.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Steve, you can bring your 40's lol
            I am sure you can help some folks out spotting and such

Comment

Yup heat and I enjoy night runs.

Comment

I might be up for this! I close at five so I'll meet you guys on the trail. By 5:45 you should be past the antenna hill. If things go as planned for me, I'll fly up the easy section till I run into you guys.

You have to promise to take it easy on me Art!!! No hard stuff and we need to avoid any steep hills, and rocks, and off camber stuff, you know I can't take that stuff...:wink:

:hide: :geek:
                Ok Thanks!

What channel?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Cleghorn,,Dang I,e never done this run I,m gonna be 99% there..., are there going to be 2 groups or just the 1? I,ve only seen pic,s of these trail but they look fun!!
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Sounds good to me, I'm in. Are rock lights going to be necessary?
                    YJ Stock
                    BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

no need for rock lights
                      Cleghorn is not a rock trail, more of a trail with Gnarly side trails with a few rocks. A great trail for those of all abilities. Can find a lot o fun all over it
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Are Toyotas invited??

Im not sure if my truck will make it
                        Its no fun without family

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Flatout and Me were thinking of doing an easy run on Cleghorn rd to help some people out that want to have some fun trail riding. A lot of Cleghorn rd can be done in a stock Jeep, especially if it has some good ofroad tires on it. You got 31's you can do most all of the side trails. Come on out and lets have some fun
                          Meeting time 5pm Saturday July18 under the freeway bridge 15 fwy and Cleghorn rd exit

See ya there
                          I'd like to come. I just took delivery of my 05 Unlimited today. Complete noob. It's completely stock and has toyo a/t tires 30inch. What would I need to purchase before the run?

Comment

Originally posted by gmorell View Post
                            I'd like to come. I just took delivery of my 05 Unlimited today. Complete noob. It's completely stock and has toyo a/t tires 30inch. What would I need to purchase before the run?
                            Ice, a cooler, a tow strap, a tie down for the cooler and ??

Ok really some rock lights are nice and a cooler is a must, but that trail is not that hard. Ive taken my Ford dually thru most of it pulling a car trailer if that tells you anything.
                            Its no fun without family

Comment

I started exploring there with a stock jeep on stock tires, you might have to bypass some stuff amd meet backup further down the road. Tow points and a tow strap are a must, cb is nice but not the end of the world. Cooler sounds like a good idea, rocklights are nice but you can get by without it.
                              Cleghorn is a fun bunch of short side trails some are easy some harder. The harder stuff is easy to skip you simply join back up further down the main fire road

Comment

Working...
                              X