Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 blade to a 7 blade fan on YJ

Well, I did the "EN-FAN MOD". I went from a 5 blade to a 7 blade motor fan. The Jeep now runs cooler! You can feel the difference on the air blowing under the hood. It's a direct bolt-on. The fan is a OEM off a 2000-2002 Jeep TJ. Jeep part number is: 55037650AA I went and got it from Jeep Crystler in Ontario for $51 + tax. Online they are $48 shipped.

Any questions, just ask.

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-25-09, 11:53 AM.

That's good to know. One of the first things I did to my Jeep was replace the 2 row, plastic-tanked radiator (which had some kind of tiny leak) with a 3 row all metal radiator. I also installed a Stant SuperStat. Anyway, the running temp dropped probably 10 deg (?-stock gauge hard to gauge). I run 50-50 distilled.

I'm a firm believer in preventative maintenance and durability upgrades. Last year the shaft seal on my water pump went out. I stopped to air down and disconnect at the base of a new-to-me route up Santa Rosa Mtn (which, come to think of it, I never went back to), and noticed the coolant dripping out; I was thankful I noticed then. I suspect the failure could be traced back to the prior owner. After winning the Jeep on eBay, the owner talked about how religious he was about maintenance. When I got the Jeep, however, I discovered that the coolant was almost black. I'd never seen coolant look that bad.

Anyway, upgrades like your fan blade don't look cool like tube fenders, but they're a lot more important.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am also the same way. Be proactive. It's heard around my house alot . I thought I had a 3row radiator. Previous owner replaced it with a brass radiator. But, it's a 2 row. The previous owner of mine had her for 14yrs. He did an ok job. Not everything was keep up on, but there were things he did do.

This fan seems to have done the trick. I already did everything else including a 185* t-state, new coolant, belt, fan clutch, etc. But, on the street, she runs a lot cooler and blows more air. You can feel the difference.

Comment

Unfortunately part number 55037650AA is no longer available and I do not see any aftermarket options for it.
        88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
        "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
          Unfortunately part number 55037650AA is no longer available and I do not see any aftermarket options for it.
          I read some where it was a TJ fan blade from the dealer. Try Google might have seen it there.

Update:
          It was on JeepForum.com....7 blade fan for 2000 TJ i6
          Last edited by LW93Jeep; 02-19-11, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LW93Jeep View Post
            I read some where it was a TJ fan blade from the dealer. Try Google might have seen it there.

Update:
            It was on JeepForum.com....7 blade fan for 2000 TJ i6
            I should have stated I work at a dealer. Anyway I just wanted anyone finding these threads to know that the 7-blade was no longer serviced by Jeep. It was a TSB specific part for 00-02 TJ's only and not a regular service part (5-blade).
            88 XJ Wagoneer/06 Frontier NISMO KC
            "Got Groceries ?"

Comment

Working...
            X