Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: bushings shot after 6k

Well i replaced my bushings again in my Rubicon Express 4.5 kit this time i only got 6k (6234) to be exact needless to say its a ****ty job and im sick of doing it

I also need to reorder the upper arms because the ends look like eggs :pissed:

the bad part is at 125 bucks every 6k in bushings just isnt going to work

new ones installed

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Do yourself a favor cut the ends off and weld some johnny joints on it and never look back Bushings for offroading just does not work. Your welder friend should have no problem tigging the Johnny joint housings on there

Comment

Scott,

I always wondered what those "control arm things" are. Maybe you are just carrying to many groceries.

Replacing those so often must suck. Hopefully you get that figured out soon. We need to run the YJ though Bullfrog!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
        Scott,

I always wondered what those "control arm things" are. Maybe you are just carrying to many groceries.

Replacing those so often must suck. Hopefully you get that figured out soon. We need to run the YJ though Bullfrog!

Mitch

id love to take the yj out but she still dont haave 4wd

Comment

I wish my bushings lasted 6k miles. Time for some Johnny Joints.
          Check out .

Comment

I replaced my bushing ends on my RE lift with there SF ends. All but the rear upper which I put jj on.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

You know that RE Bushing are on a recall and they should replace them for free? I saw a letter from RE posted at the shop near my house in Long Beach that said they had a bad manufacture of bushing from out of the country and were replacing them with new ones made by a USA company. You all need to call RE and talk to them before ordering new parts from a catalog I would think...

Comment

i have spoke to them a few times when the first 2 sets went bad they said "we have them for $125" and then it takes 2 weeks to get them

Comment

You can get the screw on SF ends for about 68.00 apiece for the large and 54.00 for the small.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Well here is a shot of the complete set as you can see damn near every one needed to be changed.

Comment

Comment

I feel your pain . . . I wish mine held up for 6K!

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                          I feel your pain . . . I wish mine held up for 6K!

man i feel your pain

Comment

Rubicon express, Fulltraction or what not. It doesn't matter for serious wheeling Urethane bushings do not last. Some good rubber bushings on one end maybe.
                            Good heim joints or Johnny joints will fix the problem once and for all. I had a talk about that with a Fulltraction rep last year at the ofroad show in Pomona his answer was one of cost and most people do not abuse the snot out of their suspensions that are lifted. So he saw no reason what so ever to change the way they made their product

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              I had a talk about that with a Fulltraction rep last year at the ofroad show in Pomona his answer was one of cost and most people do not abuse the snot out of their suspensions that are lifted. So he saw no reason what so ever to change the way they made their product
                              These guys are the worst . . . just one more reason to avoid Full Craption. Of course they see no reason to change the way they do things . . . listening to their customers, taking care of their customers, or standing behind their products is not what they are known for. It's nice to hear that the Rep actually fessed up and admitted that they manufacture their products for mall crawlers that want to look cool but don't actually do much in the way of off-roading.

Bushing SUCK period . . . but at least Rubicon Express has made an effort to stand behind their product and take care of their customers. RE has sent me a couple of sets of replacement bushings on the house. Whereas Full Craption basically gave off the impression that it was my fault for taking their crap off-road to begin with.
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                              X