Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Cleghorn Evening Run

Well, I showed up for the posted 4pm Cleghorn run today. I invited my friend Troy in his 96 Grand Cherokee as well. Mitch stopped by on his way home, but no one else showed up for the run. At 4:20, Troy and I headed up the trail.

The play area on the climb up is still a good little warm up:

But when we got to the start of really fun stuff, the trail is closed as reported:

That forced us to drive on a road that I haven't been on in years:

After the first closed side trail, a couple of the side trails are still open, but the V-Notch has had a few boulders and wood thrown in the path:

We walked up the trail a bit and not far into it the trail clearly became the long-loved trail that we have all known:

The exit from the V-Notch side trail is blocked fairly well:

Even so, many of the side trails are still open, and the views are still as wonderful as ever:

I love the tougher parts of the trail, and in my estimation, over half of my favorite stuff has been closed:

But there is definitely some good stuff left:

The tilty descent is still open:

And the last major downhill section is still open:

With the closures to the side trails, Cleghorn might be funner in the 'reverse' (138 to I-15) direction now. The fun stuff would definitely start sooner....
    Last edited by Mike; 05-10-10, 09:18 AM.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Mike,

It was great seeing you and sharon yesterday. Thanks for the trail update. I can't believe that I paid for someone to do that! Blah Blah......

Mitch

Comment

Hey Mike,

Looks like you had great time. Sorry I couldn't make it. Next time for sure!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

:dunno: This is very sad news.

Last edited by MrBash; 05-10-10, 02:24 PM.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Is Troy & family back from Vegas? Use to belong to the Jeeping Jeepers & run with him. Where's the Irish flag?
          Build it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by snydercj7 View Post
            Is Troy & family back from Vegas? Use to belong to the Jeeping Jeepers & run with him. Where's the Irish flag?
            That's the one! He didn't fly the Irish flag on Saturday. You may get a chance to ask him why in person. I sent him the link at work today. He said that he might sign on and post some more picks later.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X