Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Deep Creek Jeep & Swim

Went out on a Jeep run to Deep Creek for a little swim and cool down Saturday. Dennison and I met up with Scott and Lesa, their two daughters Lindsay and Michelle, and Justin in his 03 TJ. Justin drove the girls so Scott and Lesa didn't have to listen to the rap that was on their IPOD! Awesome 80' weather and blue skies. Thanks everyone for another perfect day.

We aired down at Hwy 173 in Hesperia, and then cruised the backway up to the Pinnicles Staging area @ 3N34.

Hwy 173

We stoppped for a minute at the staging area and headed to Deep Creek via 3N34X. This is a BLUE rated trail that has some steeper, rutted hills and off camber spots. Perfect for some playing.

Justin

Scott getting sick and twisted!

An old burned down cabin near Deep Creek

Deep Creek at T-6 Crossing

Ater hanging out in the water for a couple of hours we headed to Cedar Glen for a visit to the Malt Shop. Love the fresh banana with chocolate chips!

We drove from Cedar Glen thru Arrowhead, then Rim of the World, and into Lake Gregory / Crestline.

This place is killin me! I have to check out the BBQ one day. Smells incredible.

Down the hill on Hwy 138 to Silverwood Lake and then back home to Hesperia

Last edited by Mitch; 08-08-10, 04:47 PM.

A perfect day!
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

The Stockade

Mitch, the grub is tasty tasty. Whatever they put in it and whatever ends up in it hasn't killed me "yet". The lights inside are dim for a reason.
      Also the CG malt shop is a great place to stop to & from Dishpan Springs. There's another malt shop in Green Valley Lake worth a try if you drive through there.
      Our town needs a malt shop, hmm.

Steve
      Last edited by alittleoff; 08-08-10, 09:17 AM.
      All slow and no show

Comment

Mitch! Looks like another Great88 run through the trails and sites!

We hit the Stockade as often as possible... their bar-be-que ribs are excellent!
        Regards,
        Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"] Did I just read Mitch saying "Off-Camber" & "playing" in the same post!? Sounds like you've come a long way Mitch! Looks like a great outing...would be nice to beat this heat in 29 Palms! [/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I guess I'll have to stop at the Stockade on my way thru next weekend.

Nick, yeah things have changed! The scared little kid has grown up. I'm ready for that 29 Palms tour you promised. Some narrow shelf roads, oh well, it's just a trail!

Mitch

Comment

Ok I'm mapquesting where this is....I hate that I live in So cal and I have no idea where to find the good off road trails other than going up silverado it's a little rediculous
              Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Looks like another good time Mitch.
                Wish I coulda made it.

Scott

Comment

Mitch & Denni,

Thanks for another great day! Lesa, Lindsay, Michelle and I had a great time!

Justin, we enjoyed having you come alog and thanks for allowing the girls to ride with you! Sorry about the "Rap" music!

Great weather and great company! What a day.... It's so nice to go play and relax in your own back yard! It was fun watching the constant parade of Jeep's and Toyota's coming off Dishpan! Still hard to believe that some of those Toyota's were so fresh off the lot, some with "Paper Plates" still on them!

The Malt Shop was awesome and was the perfect end to a great day!

I'll get some of my pic's up here shortly!

Scott & Lesa
                  Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-08-10, 12:49 PM.
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

More Pic's

Here are a few more Pic's

Justin Michelle and Lindsay

Some Crack Play

Mitch

Lesa enjoying Deep Creek

Mitch and Denni on the beach

Justin, Michelle and Lindsay

This is the life!

A bat hanging out under the T-6 Bridge.

Airing back up!

What a great day!

Scott

Comment

Wow, coooool pics - looks like a blast. Hope that bat didn't get into anyone's hair *eek!* hehe
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

What a Difference!

Thanks Mitch, for talking me into removing that JKS Track Bar! What a difference it made in the flex department! I also removed the lower bump stops from the front axle and this thing has some great flex now!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                          I guess I'll have to stop at the Stockade on my way thru next weekend.

[COLOR="Red"]Nick, yeah things have changed! The scared little kid has grown up. I'm ready for that 29 Palms tour you promised. Some narrow shelf roads, oh well, it's just a trail! [/COLOR]
                          Mitch
                          [COLOR="Sienna"] Hows about we let it cool off a little out here first!? :haha: :thumbs_up [/COLOR]
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for the pictures. What a difference in the flex department with your Jeep. It did look good on 2 wheels, wish I got that shot!

Nick, I'll be watching the thermometer

Comment

Good morning,

Was that place Stockade off the 173 or is it off the
                              3N34? I'm thinking of cruising back in that area today this afternoon. Thanks the place looks real nice. That bridge in the pics is it paved or dirt road?

Comment

Working...
                              X