Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Rohwer Flats Event

I heard about this event from a friend.
    A guy named Mike Bishop has built a 100' long rock sluice, similar to the one used in the "Top Truck Challenge". On Jan 8th, Mike has organized an opening day event. Starts a 9am to 5pm. He has invited venders. Apparently This will be a difficult obstacle. Mike has offered 100 bucks to the 1st person to make it through.

From what I hear Mike has done alot for off-roading and keeping trails open. This event is another effort to show the BLM the positive side of our sport. For that reason Mike is hoping for a large turnout.

I'll post more details if I get anything else. Hope to see some MJR's there.
    It was like that when I got here.

Sounds cool. I'll might have to head over just to watch!

Comment

I heard that they were planning to set up a 4x4 course at Rowher similar to what they have done up in Gorman. They were out there a couple weeks ago building a trials course for the trails bikes right there by staging area 1, but I hadn't seen any work done on the 4x4 course, so I'm surprised to hear this event is coming so quickly. I'll try to come out either in the Jeep or on the dirtbike.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sounds kinda cool, but kinda wierd for a guy wanting such a big turn out that so many of us are just now hearing about it..I,m hoping to make it....Steve and Joe you guys up fer it??
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

We should be a there.

Jeff & Robin

Comment

well this is a local event for me so ill b there

Comment

Geebo...if that REALLY is you...I'm game. I'm working all late shifts next week, so I may ride out there on the motorcycle. Perhaps I can get you on a dirt bike!?

Comment

Where is the course located? I was out there again today on the dirtbike, perhaps I just missed it, but I didn't see anything that looked like a 4x4 course.

Comment

Location?

City, Or GPS Coordinates?

Comment

Is it in Santa Clarita? Or Gorman?

Comment

Rowher is in Santa Clarita. Staging areas are off of Sierra Hwy.

Comment

34.499984,-118.382238
                        you can google these coords
                        this is for the entrance off of Sierra Hwy

Comment

I'll be there...

Comment

Just thought I,d throw this out there, I just got the new JP magazine in the mail today and in the section "What to do with your "JEEP" this month it talks about Sat. the 8th at (Hungry Valley) in Gorman having a 4x4 event ..Just hope we aren,t somehow mistaken about a location..but I,m going to see ya,ll at Rowher I,ll be there at 8.00am with a coffee and a JEEP!!
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Oh sh!t.... !!!!!8:00AM!!!!!

I'll go, but you gotta carry my coffee. No cup holders on the bike!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X