X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual "IDTT" Calico Reunion Trail Run

4th Annual "IDTT" Calico Reunion Run
    March 30 - April 1, 2007

This is not the first, nor the second, or even the third annual run - you heard it here folks - it's the fourth!

Join in on the MJR legacy and c'mon out to Calico. Unfortunately, I just talked to the Ghost Town and they no longer offer the ghost walk. Instead, everyone please bring a bit of firewood and we'll tell MJR ghost stories 'round the fire.

Trail Requirements
    We'll be running Doran/Odessa Canyon. A stock run is being planned.
    [1] 31" Tires - We welcome stock Jeeps to join in the festivities as a 'meet and greet', but please find an open seat to ride along in. This is not a stocker friendly trail run.
    [2] Common Trail Courtesy
    [3] Tow Hooks/Recovery Points

Sign the roll call/View up to date Info
    We will have 3 trail runs for the day, with assigned trail leaders. PLEASE SIGN ONLY ONE ROLL FOR THE DAY!
    Last edited by sarah; 03-21-07, 10:25 PM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I wanna go! Pleeze, mom? Ok son, but you have to take your freind Patron with you. Awwww, Mom. OK. I'm in!

Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Too bad it's that weekend. After meeting everyone last year, I was going to try and make the entire weekend event. I will be in Hawaii during that time. Maybe next year.

Comment

Options for me:
        • credit card some bigger tires and lift (NOPE)
        • camp and do nothing while everybody's on the run (not likely)
        • camp and try to organize a "stocker" run (maybe)
        • get 2 seats to ride with other people with greater rigs (maybe)

So... if anybody else is interested in a "stocker" run because they're too broke (like me) or too new (also, like me) to have a "built" rig, please post!

Also, if you're going to have an extra seat(s), please post as my wife and I would like to go, but our Jeep doesn't meet the requirements!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Mat, if I can make it and have an open seat you're more than welcome to tag along with me if you want.
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

I replied as a "maybe." Would love to make my first MJR run. It looks like the Jeep will be up and running in plenty of time, so I just need to check with my better half to make certain we don't have other plans.
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
              Mat, if I can make it and have an open seat you're more than welcome to tag along with me if you want.
              Sweet, thanks... I'll ride the toolbox in the back, and Tiffany can ride shotgun, no? :wink:
              Last edited by Materdaddy; 02-26-07, 03:04 PM. Reason: Change smile to wink to aid in sarcasm... I'M NOT SERIOUS ABOUT RIDING A TOOLBOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                Sweet, thanks... I'll ride the toolbox in the back, and Tiffany can ride shotgun, no? :smile:
                That's probably not a good idea riding in the back without a seat. I'm sure there will be other's with open seats, including me. Just keep checking. Just make sure an come if you can. It will be plenty of good times...
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  That's probably not a good idea riding in the back without a seat. I'm sure there will be other's with open seats, including me. Just keep checking. Just make sure an come if you can. It will be plenty of good times...
                  Man, this sarcasm on the net thing is hard... I wasn't serious Kurt! Thanks for lookin' out though, you're the man! I'll keep an eye out!

Although if my math is correct....
                  you = 1 free seat....
                  mike = 1 free seat...
                  there's me = 1...
                  tiffany = 1....

1 + 1 = 1 + 1

Last edited by Materdaddy; 02-26-07, 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I plan on being there! Def. lookin' forward to it!
                    Out of curiousity, why aren't they doing the Ghost Walks anymore?
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                      I plan on being there! Def. lookin' forward to it!
                      Out of curiousity, why aren't they doing the Ghost Walks anymore?
                      I think everyone figured out it was fake!! (Actually the tour guide retired.)
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

OOPS! Double post...
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

How about a MILD run?

I don't think we should discourage stockers. There are enough interesting places at Calico that we could a scenic MILD run. I'm thinking that trails like Phillips Loop, Upper Doran Canyon (taking the bypass around the Gatekeeper), and Mule Canyon can be done in a stock Jeep with careful spotting and maybe an occasional strap. Ask Materdaddy about Phillips Loop (or maybe ask Tiffany--heh heh). Just be sure that the stockers have tow hooks. I can get together with Mat and figure out an interesting route that a stocker can run. I would suggest that we limit the number of rigs so that we could take plenty of time to spot the vehicles (and stack rocks as necessary) and the drivers would not feel pressured to get through.
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

Looks like i cant miss this one, hopefully the Jeep will be all done up ready by that time. Cant wait to meet those of you i havent...
                            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                              I don't think we should discourage stockers. There are enough interesting places at Calico that we could a scenic MILD run. I'm thinking that trails like Phillips Loop, Upper Doran Canyon (taking the bypass around the Gatekeeper), and Mule Canyon can be done in a stock Jeep with careful spotting and maybe an occasional strap. Ask Materdaddy about Phillips Loop (or maybe ask Tiffany--heh heh). Just be sure that the stockers have tow hooks. I can get together with Mat and figure out an interesting route that a stocker can run. I would suggest that we limit the number of rigs so that we could take plenty of time to spot the vehicles (and stack rocks as necessary) and the drivers would not feel pressured to get through.
                              Sounds great Russ! I don't think the Phillips loop is bad at all for stockers. I scraped a little bit in a couple spots, and there was one particularly rough section (for a stocker, especially at night) but other than that, it was a nice run. As for the other trails, I've never been there, but as long as it's nothing MUCH harder than that one section, I'm game. I think in daylight most of that stuff should be pretty do-able, especially with spotting.

Comment

Working...
                              X