Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holcomb Creek and more in Big Bear

A few of us will be meeting at the AM PM on Stanfield Cut Off and Big Bear Blvd. at 9 AM. We will be running Holcomb Creek and a few other trails in that area. Lunch on the trail.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Sounds good.

That sounds like a good way the spend a sunday. See you at 9.

Jesse.

Comment

if i finish wrenching on sat, ill be there.

Comment

If'n you don't mind (and I get the jeep fixed in time), I would like to try and join you on Sunday. High time I made it to an MJR run.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

You doing any caching Doug or just trail runs?

Comment

Originally posted by BWidget
            You doing any caching, or just trail runs?
            Only 1 geocache for sure
            http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...f-ba696d70d91d
            maybe 2 or 3 more depending on which trails Jim leads us on. Jim is a fountain of Big Bear knowledge and he enjoys sharing. His runs are almost like a guided tour with old ghost town stories and the gold rush stories, etc.
            http://forestwhisperer.16.forumer.co...topic.php?t=76

Originally posted by ECV Jeep
            If'n you don't mind, I would like to try and join you on Sunday
            Everyone is welcome. Jim will be in a red YJ. I'll be in a black ZJ. We'll be on channel 4 on the CB. Jim is a ham, but I do not know what channel he runs on.

Info on the Holcomb Creek Trail can be found at:
            http://myjeeprocks.com/reports/categ...mb-creek-3n93/
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Well, thank you for the invite. Unfortunately, the axle tear down revealed more damage than I thought. I will be out of commission for some time.

This is most unfortunate as I would have loved to hear the stories of Big Bear and perhaps even share with you all some of what I have have learned about the history of the area.

Have a great trip!
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Man, I really want to run this trail but the date is no good for me. I'll have to do this run another time.
                My WJ -

Comment

Holcomb

Originally posted by Jumpjet View Post
                  Man, I really want to run this trail but the date is no good for me. I'll have to do this run another time.
                  Hey Jump, did you ever lift your cherokee???
                  "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by matt2001tj View Post
                    Hey Jump, did you ever lift your cherokee???
                    Yep, I sure did. I'm at 4" now. That's one of the reasons why I really wanted to do that trail again to see the difference. Check out my sig below.
                    My WJ -

Comment

I think I may join you guys on this one.I was trying to get a trip on the 7th but it looks like I'll just tag along with you guys.
                      95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Jim (Forest Grump) (Red YJ)

Steve (Stever) (ZJ)

Jesse (like its stolen) (Red Rubi Unlimited) along with his fiancé Jamie and friend Curt,

Jesse’s friend Mark? and his boys (White YJ)

and myself

met at the AM/PM at 9am and then again at the Fire Station in Fawnskin at 9:45am. After we aired down and disconnected it was almost 10am before we hit the trail.

We decided to run Holcomb Creek and Dishpan downhill. At the middle rock garden we encountered another group with one XJ having some TC problems and another XJ high centered on a rock.

It took us about an hour to get our group of 5 through.

This was the white YJs (4cyl-manual) first trip offroad and the oldest son drove most of the day and did a fabulous job.

Jim moved a downed tree blocking the trail out of the way.

Comment

part deaux

The rock garden at the western end of the trail just before 3N16

We took 3N16 to 3N34 and down the hill towards Deep Creek.

And we had our fun at Dishpan

We finished off the day with a group picture near T6

Temps were in the high 70s all day. Another fabulous day in the forest!

The pics can be viewed at
                          http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...%2007/?start=0

Comment

I got the date's srcewed up,sorry I missed you guy's.Looks like you had fun!
                            95 GC 4.5 RE,adjustable UCA/LCA,32's,456's,tru-trac up front,trac-lock rear,and other goodies

Comment

Wow, looks awesome! Thanks for the pics - we need to get up there now that they weather is nice.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X