Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Rock (2N17X) Work Day

The Victor Valley 4 Wheelers are doing major work on our Adopt-a-trail on June 30, 2007. We will be having trucks, tractors, jack-hammers, and whatever else is needed to block off the illegal bypasses. We have a truckload of telephone poles to put in at these bypasses. We need all the help we can get so this can all be done and the trail can stay open. I will post more on the meeting places and times once we get closer. Please let me know if you will be able to help us out.

The Victor Valley 4 Wheelers thank you in advance!!!

I now have something to do on June the 30th. Will wait for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
      The Victor Valley 4 Wheelers are doing major work on our Adopt-a-trail on June 30, 2007. We will be having trucks, tractors, jack-hammers, and whatever else is needed to block off the illegal bypasses. We have a truckload of telephone poles to put in at these bypasses. We need all the help we can get so this can all be done and the trail can stay open. I will post more on the meeting places and times once we get closer. Please let me know if you will be able to help us out.

The Victor Valley 4 Wheelers thank you in advance!!!
      So far, we have 8 volunteers from the Hummer group that will be helping us out and still need lots more.

We will be meeting at the Lake Silverwood Staging area at 8:30 am. We need people!! We also need people to bring small trailers to haul stuff to the work site. If you do bring a trailer, please make sure you are able to pull it up the trail.

Victor Valley 4 Wheelers thanks you in advance!!

Comment

Jul,
        I'll do my best to be there. I flaked on the last one and I apologize... ;(

Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Just got another email with more detailed info from Ted Kalil:

Hi Everybody! Together with the So Cal Hummers and their Psycho Squad, the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers are scheduling another maintenance day for 2N17X. The big thrust will be to block off illegal bypasses. If you're familiar with the trail, you know there are several.

Craig Donalson of the VV4W has gotten some old telephone poles that we can use, so we'll be setting up barricades. The poles are cut into smaller sections and Craig has also arranged for some jackhammers to make the digging easier. Where the 4 way hill is, we'll also try to improve the main trail and possibly the legal bypass.

Since there's so much to be done, we'd appreciate any and all help. If you can come and have a truck that can handle the trail and/or a trailer so we can haul up the poles, that would be great! But even if you don't, just bring yourself.

By the way, the work we did last year, the cribbing and the water diversions, have held up very well. True, we didn't have a wet winter, but who's complaining?

If you think you can make it, please let me know directly at tskalil@msn.com so we can get an idea. Or just show up at the base of 2N17X (near Cedar Springs Dam) at 8:30. Hope to see you.

Comment

Some of our guys towed all the telephone poles up to the illegal bypasses on Saturday. At this point, we are asking for people to show up and help install them. There are 4-5 different places that we need to install these poles. Please sign the roll-call on the calendar so I can look for you. Thanks!!

Comment

Big Thanks to Rat Patrol & Jason for coming out and helping us block off the illegal bypasses. We had a great turnout and were able to block off the illegal bypasses in less then 4 hours!!

We used jack hammers & shovels to dig the big holes for the telephone poles. Then used chain saws to cut grooves in the tops of the poles. Then laid a long pole across the top and secured in on. We also put reflectors so it can be seen at night. We did two at the bottom and two at the top of the two illegal bypasses.

It looks great!!

Comment

I really wish that I could have come out to help. Did anyone get pics of the new and improved trail?
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Here are a few pics of the upgrades to Pilot rock. It was a great day, and the turn out was awsome. Some ruined shirts and pants from the creosote, but what the hey...

Glad MJR guys could help. Call us anytime.

Rat
                  Last edited by RAT; 07-02-07, 07:06 PM.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

looks like you left the middle one open, or should I say mike's line.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                      Woohoooo! I knew I was going to get another chance at it! Now it's the only option. :devil::devil::devil:
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post

The middle is the original legal trail. There is still the legal bypass on the far right that is open.

Comment

Wow! That looks like quite a task!
                          Wish we could have made it, but we were at Yosemite.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                            Wow! That looks like quite a task!
                            Wish we could have made it, but we were at Yosemite.
                            We will be having another work day the end of July or in August sometime. There are still some other illegal bypasses that we have to the same thing to. Soooo...hope you enjoyed Yosemite, cuz we'll need you on the next work day!! lol

Comment

Working...
                            X