Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch,

I just called BLM before logging on to MJR and they confirmed that it is open.

RubyRedRock,

Adding 3N61 sounds good to me! Is that the trail that heads north out of Cactus Flats down to that big valley the overlooks the desert? I don't have a FS map with me here at work.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

You sound like you're describing Horsethief Canyon 3N03A). Jacoby goes from 3N16 to Hwy 18
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

It's listed in Trail Reports. I think 3N61 is about a mile? N. on Hwy.18 from Cactus Flats. Goes West back to Big Bear.(3N16) NOTE: Hwy.18 to 3N16 is much harder than 3N16 to Hwy 18.

Comment

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Yeah - What FlounderBard posted

Jacoby is a pretty easy Blue trail (used to be Green, was actually Black for a few months once) and as RubiRed said - is a bit harder coming off Hwy 18 as opposed to off 3N16.

Horsethief isn't all that hard - but hase a few off camber sections (and drops off pretty severe to the sides in many places).
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

so any deinate plans yet id like to go wheelin and meet some more MJR guys
              [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                so any deinate plans yet id like to go wheelin and meet some more MJR guys
                Please read message #30. That seems to be the plan everyone is going with. See you there!

There are others that are also going to do a John Bull Run onSaturday.
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  No one seems to have taken charge to put this together. I realize I'm a new guy, but how about this:

Date: Friday Novermber 23, 2007
                  Time: 8:30 AM
                  Communication: CB ch 14 or email me privatly for my cell Phone number
                  Trail: 2N02 (Start at Baldwin Lake) - to Rattlesnake Canyon to Hwy 247 East on Hwy 247 to Pipes Canyon to Burns Canyon to Cactus Flats.
                  Trail rating: Easy to moderate

This trail is well away from the recent fires and should be open
                  So if this is the deal anyone wanna' camp out and run Bull Sat morning or is it getting too cold. :bolt: :bonk:
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                    So if this is the deal anyone wanna' camp out and run Bull Sat morning or is it getting too cold. :bolt: :bonk:
                    Forecast says 20F at night. Bring the thick sleeping bag. If you get something going up John Bull I might join you.
                    Check out .

Comment

Well I used a little of my day (on the clock of course!) and drove the car up to Big Bear. The folks at the Discovery Center said that there are NO closures east of Big Bear Lake at this time.
                      2N02 is not on any closed trail list. I drove east on Baldwin Lake Road to Vale, which is the marked dirt road that you access 2N02 from and it is clear and open. I also drove by the north end of the trail to Rattlesnake (Hwy 247) and it is open and clear. I don't know what else to check but this sounds like a GO to me. See you Friday morning.
                      Last edited by Mitch; 11-20-07, 07:54 AM.

Comment

well it seems I have a blown head gasket, I have a small oil leak and there was some greenish fluid mixed with it, so i checked the dipstick and the oil was getting milky. I guess I gotta wait til next time.....have fun and thanks, Rod

Comment

So whats the head count for friday morn? Also I guess no one wants to camp out friday night?
                          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                            So whats the head count for friday morn? Also I guess no one wants to camp out friday night?
                            One of my sons and his wife are here for the Weekend, my son and I will be going but just for the day.

(that's two going!)
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Need to add a RSVP. Not sure whos going Fri or whos going Sat.
                              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                                Need to add a RSVP. Not sure whos going Fri or whos going Sat.
                                Dirtman,

How do you setupan RSVP?

BTW, I'll be on the Friday run only
                                MJR moderator
                                Jeep Patrol Leader
                                Reforestation Supervisor
                                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                                Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...