Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last min afternoon run Fearless Follies

Gonna sneak out to the Fearless Follies Sunday after church, Gonna bring my Daughter, and Run that dang trail! everybody is welcome!

I will have lunch / meet at Del Taco on 395 in the new Stater Bros. parking lot at 12:00 noon, and then run the trail.

Quick an' dirty, gotta deliver that ice!

An' I gotta run snoops gultch, that's a do-it thing.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

It's going to be an all day adventure, bring a jacket.. going to be COLD
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I'm in!! The Desert Jewel needs to finally conquer the Folly's!!

Comment

when you say difficult just how hard is the trail? El Mirage area right? How long will it take?

Comment

You could probably go through the whole trail in 1/2 a day depending on how many rigs their are and there are no issues, Snoopy's gulch is not very difficult as long as you are locked on both ends, the Roughwheelers will be out there the end of Jan 08 to continue breaking more trails
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
            when you say difficult just how hard is the trail? El Mirage area right? How long will it take?
            It took FreewayDan and I about 5 hours to run the trail, but we bypassed Snoopy's Gulch. Difficulty is relative to your comfort level. I did all but Snoopy's Gulch in my Jeep with 32's, 2" lift and Aussie-locked front without issue. I only locked the rear once and it turned out that it probably wasn't needed.

Hey Kodiak Spirit, I may be able to join you Sunday but I need a few more days to firm things up at work. Would you be interested in running it backwards and starting at Snoopy's Gulch?
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

yeah, we can run it backwards, that would be cool, Last time we were there we couldn't exit Snoops gultch, we got all the way up there... Desert Jewel was STOCK back then, she's just crazy... and then we had to come right back down! LOL!

I would be honored if you would show us the way, but I got a map, and it should be easy to follow EN Reverso...

I hope you can make it! man that trail was so much fun last time! wedid not take that long to run it, we had one flat... sidewall, put like 20 plugs in, and limped home. Desert Jewel didn't even know that all of her links were toast untill the death wobble on the way home, there wasn't a straight link on her jeep...

of course she did it on purpose, how else do you justify a new lift, slip yoke eliminator, driveshafts, tires.... Hello?

shoot, show up and I will buy you lunch at Del taco!

Comment

Snoop's gulch now has an exit, once you get to the top there is a off camber section across the hill,or a left and you can go down into a wash,that is qiute difficult or take the bypass and go on down the hill.
                06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I might make it LOL its literally my backyard
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Why have I never heard of this place? Do you have pictures, and directions on how to get to the trail head?
                    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

I might go, if I get the tubes bent for my fenders on Saturday. Count me as a maybe...
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Paultyler, there is a link to the parent club for the trail in the GPS/Maps forum under El Mirage, (MJR-Rocks!), and that's where I got my map and directions. The Rough wheelers have put quite a few directions on their site, if I knew how to past the site link I would, plus I'm at work and have limited use...

TJ Clay, if you want to give it a try, come on out and wheel it with us! nobody is gonna make you do anyhting that you don't want to do, so you can make it as hard or easy as you want. I remeber the trail being pretty open for the most part, and Desert jewel did the trail open with 32" MTR's, She really didnt have any damage untill she ran Snoop's gultch whitch is optional...

Heck, if we have a big turn out we might push it just tryin' to run the trail and finish before it gets dark!

I got rock lights!

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler View Post
                          Why have I never heard of this place? Do you have pictures, and directions on how to get to the trail head?
                          http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9931
                          -Bob
                          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

From Mike's trail report this looks like a fun run. I might join if my shock shows up.
                            Check out .

Comment

thanx for the link Steelman!

Comment

Working...
                              X